Anybody here from Canada... ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grassy

Folks,

Went to my first RV show this weekend....what a horrible event...I have had more fun walking through parking lots...

My son races MX so we are on the road all summer.  I normally like to try to find sponsors in the areas that we buy a lot of stuff from....and a 10 or 15% discount normally isn't too much trouble for most companies and they get a lot of advertising ....so it is a win / win situation...however, I haven't really found anyone that sells a complete array of supplies that is remotely interested so the next best bet is discount internet retailers.

Are there any in Canada ?

Thanks
Ian.

In what part of the Country are you located and what types of supplies are you looking for?

As you have already discovered, Canadian sellers are not nearly as aggressive as those in the U.S.? Must have to do with our National mild manner ;D ;D :D

Hi Steve,

We live in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia ....one of the prettiest places in Canada (I'm biased  :>) but we travel NS, NB, and PEI.

With shipping costs. any company from Ontario over would be great.

I know there must be some markup in these products...I have seen a two dollar variance with just a 4 pak of TP...

Thanks
Ian.

So what type of products are you looking for Ian?  With that information we can make some inquiries.

Regards,

Steve,

In a word, everything.? Consumerables that I will be using on a weekly basis such as TP, chemicals,? and soap.? Accessories that I want for the trailer such as a good bubble level and those gizmos that stop your awning from beating itself to death.? Other things like cables, surge protectors and propane regulators are on my list.

Being new to this industry, I assumed that since RV'ing has been around almost as long as dirt that there is a "one stop shop" for this kind of stuff...it kinda sounds like, from your responses, that this isn't the case...

Cheers
Ian

You can get a 10% discount by getting Presidents Club membership at Camping World.  They are a definite one-stop shopping for all things RV, but to get them to sponsor you, that might be a stretch. 

No probs...I gave up on the sponsorsip idea when I couldn't do something with the local vendors - it has to be a win / win for bioth me and the vendor -  so that is why I am looking fo a discount house...

This president's club ..is this Canadian ?  and where do I go ?

Thanks
Ian.

Ian,

Bill is referring to Camping World, a chain of RV superstores across the U.S.  They charge you an annual set up fee ($20) I believe to get a 10% discount on stuff you buy.  It's the same outfit (Affinity Group) as Good Sam, Trailer Life, Motorhome Magazine and a bunch of other RV related businesses.

You may wish to look at and perhaps join the Explorer RV Club in Canada.  They are the only National RV group I am aware of and their magazine lists dealers and outlets across the Country.

I am trying to get info about outlets in the Maritimes,  but my resource person is away for a few days....stay posted!

Are you familiar with Coleman's Autohaus in Bridgewater?  Bob Coleman is the owner and has been selling RV's for years.  He may be able to give you some insights.

Keep us posted on what you find out and I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from my friend in Halifax.

Regards,

Steven

Thanks for you advise..we wait for an update.

ian.

Any luck yet....I have searched the 'net and I only can find dicounters in the US....when none in Canada ?

ian.

Actually yes and no...I spoke to my friend from Halifax today who gave me some leads..but I failed to write them down.  I'll get back with the info in a day or so.

Grassy

Two major RV suppliers in Atlantic Canada are Atlantic Spports on Main Street in Dartmouth as well as Fraser Way in Sackville. 

Let us know the outcome of your inquiries :)

Thanks.

Actually, that is adventure sports.

We were in both when we were looking at buying a trailer. ?Neither lists supplies on their web site which I assume means I have to make the drive in..3 hour round trip....and having to deal with sales people again...

What I am lokking for is a faceless, discount supply web site that I can order via my computer and have it shipped.

No matter, many thanks. ?Hope it is a sunny summer.

ian.

Back
Top Bottom