Anybody know where they hid 'em?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cavalry6869

I found the factory wiring in the rear of my 1999 Chevy Suburban K2500 4WD (work truck) with rubber mats.  I got that all wired up even though they are not the same colors marked on the seven pin socket.  I found the loose end of the orange (12V) and blue (brakes) wires under the hydraulic brake booster, I'll deal with that later.  I spent about 45 minutes underneath the dash board looking for a plug into one of the boxes or connectors and even for just wire ends taped back to the harness.  I have both the wire in harness and the Tekonsha cable for the Prodigy to my Suburban.

Seriously cornfused,
Ed

Is this the new or old body style Suburban? If it the old style there are no wires under the dash to just plug into, you have to drill a hole and run it through the firewall, the new style has a place in the convience center right under the dash on the left side that has a place to plug a trailer brake set-up into. Hope this helps.  Brian

I had a heck of time finding the connector under the dash in my Dodge.  It was shoved up there into the center of a wire bundle but I eventually saw it and was able to pull it out enough to plug in the Prodigy.  Hopefully, yours is there somewhere too.

On the Dodge its a large retaqngular white plug with a cap on it.  Not sure when they put the plug in Suburbans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom