Anyone Boondocking Right Now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camperAL

Anyone enjoying the comfort and scenery out there? Do any of the members Boondock in the Quartzsite area or KOFA this time of year?
Wondering what it is like at that time of year. Perhaps people migrate north as the weather improves. Just curious. Safe travels!

We were dry camping in Death Valley 3 weeks ago, and it was alternately quite warm and quite cool - upper 70s high and 60 highs, 50 low to 35 low. Q and KOFA would be similar. The forecast was for much warmer temps which is why people start migrating north.

I got back to my home base in Pahrump on Friday and plan to be here for a couple of weeks before heading out again. I just finished up a 4 week trip to Quartzsite, Kingman AZ and Laughlin, NV. This is the time of year the weather starts turning warm (hot) in those areas but it's been pleasant so far. My usual technique is to stay out 5-6 days until I need to dump and fill the water tank, then pull into a full hookup park for a night to do that, let the electricity give the batteries a good charge and get caught up on laundry. Then out for another boondocking stretch.

Midland LTVA is a good alternative to Quartszite during the busy periods. It's about 10 miles north of Blythe, CA on a bluff overlooking the town and it's the only place I've stayed where it was totally silent, to the point where I could go outside late at night and hear the blood flowing through my ears.

KOFA stands for King of Arizona. Located about 30 miles south of Quartzsite and is BLM land you can camp on. There is also a Dog named KOFA as well.

Hi Oldgater73,

Beautiful setting. Hope you got the work done without too many aches and pains.

Making a reference to politics is fine but when inflammatory or critical opinions are made then the posts are removed as this usually ends up in people becoming intolerant and sometimes abusive. I have removed several posts because of that.

Hi Oldgater73,

Beautiful setting. Hope you got the work done without too many aches and pains.
Oh, there are aches and pains but the work got done. Our son lives there; off the grid. He cleared the property, put the road in among other things. He was working real hard and then he got Lyme disease and now heā€™s in pain all the time and tired. On top of being a 100% disabled vet. Heā€™s a good kid.

I got back to my home base in Pahrump on Friday and plan to be here for a couple of weeks before heading out again. I just finished up a 4 week trip to Quartzsite, Kingman AZ and Laughlin, NV. This is the time of year the weather starts turning warm (hot) in those areas but it's been pleasant so far. My usual technique is to stay out 5-6 days until I need to dump and fill the water tank, then pull into a full hookup park for a night to do that, let the electricity give the batteries a good charge and get caught up on laundry. Then out for another boondocking stretch.

Midland LTVA is a good alternative to Quartszite during the busy periods. It's about 10 miles north of Blythe, CA on a bluff overlooking the town and it's the only place I've stayed where it was totally silent, to the point where I could go outside late at night and hear the blood flowing through my ears.
I'd love to get some of that kind of quite. Maybe this Fall.

Every time I see this thread title,, I think, is this guy living in a cave??? He must not get out much,, I would bet that at any given moment in this country, their has to be a million or more people boondocking somewhere.>>>Dan

Last edited:

Good to know. We have stayed at Mayflower and like it there, but we prefer boondocking. We looked at the area you mention a few years ago, but did not not stay. Don't remember why. But we also crave the total quiet. Maybe next winter, if the border opens again....

Back
Top Bottom