Anyone else SICK TO DEATH of Medicare advertisements?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use one of his pillows and it is the best pillow I have ever used. You have to fluff it and once you know your spot it works very well

John you don't like him because he is ..... woops that would be political ::)

Robert K said:
I use one of his pillows and it is the best pillow I have ever used. You have to fluff it and once you know your spot it works very well

John you don't like him because he is ..... woops that would be political ::)

MY DW and I purchased 2 pillows 2 months ago and don?t see anything special about them. Waste of money for us.

Tom said:
The first year Chris was eligible for Medicare, I 'naively' signed her up for a Humana Advantage plan. All was well until she broke her leg while we were in Ohio and, subsequent to ER, needed Orthodpaedic help in Ohio and Wyoming. It was all paid out of pocket
As I mentioned before Advantage plans have changed in recent years. All Advantage plans are now required to cover emergency and urgent care when you are out of state. My PPO plan has no extra costs when using out of network providers and does not require referrals.

This explains traveling with a Medicare Advantage plan.
https://q1medicare.com/q1group/MedicareAdvantagePartDQA/FAQ.php?faq=Can-I-use-my-Medicare-Advantage-plan-as-I-travel-across-the-country-&faq_id=617&category_id=

[quote author=TheBar]... Advantage plans have changed in recent years. All Advantage plans are now required to cover emergency and urgent care when you are out of state.[/quote]
Good to know. Since our experience was approx 4 years ago, things must have changed since then.

Tom said:
The first year Chris was eligible for Medicare, I 'naively' signed her up for a Humana Advantage plan. All was well until she broke her leg while we were in Ohio and, subsequent to ER, needed Orthodpaedic help in Ohio and Wyoming. It was all paid out of pocket. I couldn't understand why our primary care physician in California kept saying he couldn't give her a referral.

The next year, I signed Chris up for a Humana Supplemental plan, and all has been well (no pun) since.

This is what our zero premium UHC Medicare Advantage Plan says about travel coverage:

"Your plan now includes the UnitedHealthcare? Medicare National Network. Whether you're at home or traveling, you'll continue having access to your in-network benefits when you see any doctor in this network (exclusions may apply). With the UnitedHealthcare Medicare National Network, there is no need to call Customer Service or fill out paperwork before seeing participating doctors."

Previously, our plan included a "Passport" feature with the same benefit, but we were required to notify UHC of our location before a visit.

TheBar said:
As I mentioned before Advantage plans have changed in recent years. All Advantage plans are now required to cover emergency and urgent care when you are out of state. My PPO plan has no extra costs when using out of network providers and does not require referrals.

This explains traveling with a Medicare Advantage plan.
https://q1medicare.com/q1group/MedicareAdvantagePartDQA/FAQ.php?faq=Can-I-use-my-Medicare-Advantage-plan-as-I-travel-across-the-country-&faq_id=617&category_id=
There are a lot of ?may cover? statements in there.

Thanks Dutch. This was no longer an issue when we changed Chris' plan from Advantage to supplemental.

Larry N. said:
Yep. That word "may" is a red flag...
The word "may" means it depends on which plan you choose, not whether the insurance decides to cover it or not. If you are not careful when choosing your plan you can end up with a plan which doesn't meet your needs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom