Anyone have experience with forest river popups, or toyhauler popups?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jkoht

Right now I'm considering either a Rockwood 282tesp or Flagstaff 28tscse popup toyhauler. They are essentially the same camper just different color scheme and name, both are made by forest river. They are both capable of hauling two wheelers, king and queen beds, slide out dinette, casette toilet shower combo, and a handful of other nice features. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with forest river designed popups, or if anyone has used a toyhauler popup. I like the idea of a light easy towing package for bringing my wheelers out to play.

I don't know why no one visits this part of the forum.  I have posted here in the past and was never answered.

Yes we have a Forest River / Flagstaff T21 DMHW.  It is hard walls which is nice however I'm sure it would not stop an angry/hungry bear.  It is creatively designed but built to a budget.

We considered the same model you are considering when we traded in our Toyhauler (a situation with the Neighborhood Association).  The one thing I noticed is that the ramps up to the vehicle storage are both short and steep (certainly not something I would like to ride a Goldwing up on to).

Our camper came with some nice extras: heat can be through propane or a heat pump.  Water has an inline filter.  They gave us an outside grill (or it can stand alone).

Water is a challenge to drain through essentially a garden hose (try to find 3/4").    Our kitchen sink drain used to get a vacuum in it (like when you suck water up into a straw and hold it with your finger).  We drilled air holes into the female end of our hoses when they connect to our popup, problem solved).

Careful with that cassette toilet, they can be messy!  I would practice with water only for a little while.  However having a cassette toilet and a holding tank on wheels we can just walk or drive over to a dump station while those who only have internal holding tanks have to keep an eye on water level.

Best of luck with your decision. 

Oh boy am I ignorant. Didn't know there were toy hauler popups. I check out the Flagstaff 28tscse. Interesting concept for taking the 4 wheelers to camp out. Plus a whole lot lighter than a TT or fifth wheel toy hauler.

Please keep us updated if you decide to purchase and how well it works for you.

We had a Rockwood popup for 2 years (not a toyhauler). I was a 2003, model 2518G. Quality was good. We really loved it - it had a manual slide-out for the dinette and the flip-up kitchen sink even popped out 12" or so - sort of a canvas bay window. It had lots of room inside but it was a bare-bones model - no hot water or toilet. We only got rid of it because the RV bug bit us big-time and Kim got a teaching job so we ended up camping much more than we though we would when we bought it so we got a TT.

Back
Top Bottom