Anyone heard of « Heritage » trailer? Seeking to renovate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take lots of pictures of everything from all angles whether it seems useful or interesting, or not. I keep these kinds of "documentation" photos of my RV on my phone and refer to them often, because you never know when you might want to know what's where or what's around it. "Is there a plug next to the window" or "how wide is that drawer" can easily be answered when you get an idea and you're not there to look at it. This will become part of the "owner manual" living document/folder you'll be creating as you go forward and collect information, manuals and receipts for your unit.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Mark,

Good morning to you in New Mexico, I bet you have good weather where you are!
Thank you for this recommendation. Today, our phones can store many picture with the ease of a “click” so I will follow your advice.
Will only post the relevant ones here. I have not been inside the trailer yet and this will be my first walkthrough. So I am excited and scared at the same time to see what I will find in there. The outside was redone in the past years (siding), the deck looks solid, shed looks good (not sure how much junk they left inside but it does not scare me). I guess just like life there will be good surprises and bad surprises, I accept the good and the bad that comes with it!

Have a great day!

To Mark and all the RV pros,

I called the condominium association twice and they said there is still snow up there and that it probably won’t melt until the temperature gets warmer (which it won’t) and they said they only plow the roads but don’t put salt so it is not recommended to come with a car. But they come to the office which is located on the property, so maybe I can just park there abs walk up the hill with snow boots? I just don’t know if the entire camper will be covered in snow making it hard to open the door. Plus, the fire Marshall who has to inspect the trailer before the sale is not coming until weather conditions are better (fire Marshall’s have it easy up there this season), so the sale can’t happen anyways. I just wanted to get in there to do a walk through and see what we are looking at, what work there is to do so I can prepare ahead for when the weather gets better, take photos of everything and measure everything. Not sure I will be able to access. The trailer entrance is elevated so maybe the snow does not cover it? Maybe it is worth a shot if driving an hour and a half and back to check it out. Or is it better to wait until it clears and God knows when that will be. Thanks in advance for all your practical advice!

Oh my ex-Calif, if there is no choice then it is meant to be…. this makes me feel more like a hibernating bear than a grasshopper!

Oh my ex-Calif, if there is no choice then it is meant to be…. this makes me feel more like a hibernating bear than a grasshopper!
Oh, wait. I forget that you live in the frozen North East and are used to such nonsense as 8 foot snow drifts - LOL...

Bring a shovel...

Funny ex-Calif! Human beings get used to all sorts of nonense… If it were up to me, I would flee this “ice age”, but, here again, I have to be a patient grasshopper…. 5 more years or so…

Back
Top Bottom