Anyone in/near Houston, TX?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember Scotty  About me talking about the Hull-dobbs system of selling.  Here's a typical situation of it.  Hate that crap  it should be banded, Many times they even use the ole bait and switch method,  So be on your toes.

I emailed them twice and got no reply for a long time.  I did finally get an answer to a question that I didn't ask, so they must have had me confused with someone else.  I did go there and I drove the motorhome I was interested in.  I talked with them for a long time.  They even made me wait for a long time while they located some paperwork on it so I could see more details.  During the wait I went shopping in another part of Houston (on Memorial), went Downtown to pick up something, had lunch, then went back.  The rest of my dealings with them were via telephone.  I called a couple of days later to start the dealing.  They faxed me a form to fill out.  You have to give them a credit card number or check (as earnest money) before they will consider it a valid offer, kinda like buying a house.

While we're on the topic of bad experiences, DH and I went to Kennedale Camper Sales in Kennedale, TX.  We saw one we wanted to drive.  It was so packed in that it would have taken an hour to get it out.  The salesman said they were shorthanded that day because one of the salesmen was in the hospital and there was no way we could drive it that day.  It was a Saturday and the place was packed.  The salesman told us that if we thought we were interested that we should put a deposit on it today, because a motorhome that size in that price range wouldn't last long.  While we were inspecting the interior another customer stuck his head in and asked if it was gas or diesel.  When DH said diesel, the man said he was looking for a gas mh and turned away.  The salesman tried to say that we should hurry and buy it because "that other couple" was very interested in it.

Tactics like this only made us leave ASAP and not go back.  This is when we decided that we did NOT want to buy a used rv from a dealer.

But I did go to McClains Camping World in Fort Worth, where they have a dealership and a Camping World store to look at another one.  Those people were on their toes, friendly, and most eager to please.  I didn't buy the motorhome I took for a test drive, but it wasn't because of the people.  The mh just wasn't what I was looking for.  They called and emailed me a few times with others I could look at and those didn't fit either.   

Hey guy's I know this is an older thread but I would like to bting it to the top again.

I work near and was going to PPL every day whe I was shopping for a trailer. I have worked with a few inspectors so I know a lot of what to look for as far as leaks and damage.

If anyone from a distance wants some help I would be glad to go check them out a trailer.

Partly because I like looking at them and two because it gives me something to do for lunch.

Talk to you soon
[email protected]

bobo---- that's nice to know cuz Scotty was looking for someone to check out a unit at PPL some time ago.  Unforunately at my age I can';t remember what unit LOL  That's a very generous offer.

Shayne said:
Unforunately at my age I can';t remember what unit LOL

All you gotta do is scroll to the top of this thread.  ;)  It was a '90 Fleetwood Flair I was looking at way back when.  bobo thanks for the offer!  I'll certainly let you know if I see more RVs of interest pop up at PPL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom