Anyone interested in a get-together for RVing, Fishing, and/or Hunting in MN this fall? I've arranged a few small MN rallies in the past.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where in MN are you talking about? We love northern (Bemidji, International Falls, and such). We are currently dealing with many family health issues and trying to make plans to have some remodeling done to the coach… as such, can only make soft plans right now… but UP, WI, and MN are all possible destinations to beat the heat for late summer/early fall (once we’re able to better know what our future flexibility holds for us.)

Where in MN are you talking about? We love northern (Bemidji, International Falls, and such). We are currently dealing with many family health issues and trying to make plans to have some remodeling done to the coach… as such, can only make soft plans right now… but UP, WI, and MN are all possible destinations to beat the heat for late summer/early fall (once we’re able to better know what our future flexibility holds for us.)
We're open to locations in MN and WI.

Have you camped at the RV Park near Big Falls, MN along the Big Fork River? If you are Boon Dockers? We have 640 acres of homestead property just 20 miles SW International Falls. (Gates Corner)

We are also familiar with the North Shore and Grand Marais, Lanesboro in SE MN, and locations in WI that we wouldn't mind visiting again. We also have some repairs to do on our 5th wheel so understand soft plans.

Lots we can discuss and explore.

We're open to locations in MN and WI.

Have you camped at the RV Park near Big Falls, MN along the Big Fork River? If you are Boon Dockers? We have 640 acres of homestead property just 20 miles SW International Falls. (Gates Corner)

We are also familiar with the North Shore and Grand Marais, Lanesboro in SE MN, and locations in WI that we wouldn't mind visiting again. We also have some repairs to do on our 5th wheel so understand soft plans.

Lots we can discuss and explore.
Laura and Charles. We've all been on the Forum for many years. I'm curious if we've meet along the way. If nothing else, I suspect we have many mutual RV Friends.

I have a group of friends that go boondocking at an old CCC camp north of Duluth every weekend in October for grouse hunting. 5 campers or so.

What's the time frame? We will be in the Twin Cities visiting my daughter mid-September. Since I'm Minnesota born and raised and I'm pretty familiar with Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Born and raised in St. Paul.

For now we plan to be in Minnesota no sooner than September 12th. We usually camp at Willow River State Park in Hudson WI when visiting my daughter. She lives just across the river.

Two of our favorite campgrounds are the city campground in Grand Marais Minnesota and Thompsons West End City Park near Bay Field Wisconsin. Both are on the shores of Lake Superior. We're not big on commercial parks and don't require full hookups.

While I lived in Minnesota for more than 30 years, I really only camped twice before moving to California. I'm certainly open to new experiences.

I have a group of friends that go boondocking at an old CCC camp north of Duluth every weekend in October for grouse hunting. 5 campers or so.
Do you mind sharing the location of the old CCC camp? I wonder if that is the CCC camp where my father worked? Although my research says there were over 145 CCC camps in MN. Still it would be interesting to visit the site.

Last edited:
Garybst, his wife, Eric and I want to get together in MN or WI sometime after mid September. Anyone else interested in joining us?

Do you mind sharing the location of the old CCC camp? I wonder if that is the CCC camp where my father worked? Although my research says there were over 145 CCC camps in MN. Still it would be interesting to visit the site.
Sullivan Lake CCC camp, about 40 miles north of Duluth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom