anyone know of some good front brake calipers for a 89 p30 chevy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

89 allegro

i have a 89 allegro with a p30 Chevy chassis and my brakes have started pulling to one side when i hit them,so I'm replacing the front hoses and calipers ,but not having alot of luck finding some that's not a store brand without waiting almost a month to get them on back order ,does anyone out there know of a good brand that's not a fortune but are good and reliable that i might could get for this thing,i have a trip planned for 2 weeks from now and want to get them right before that trip.are store brands OK to get or does anyone have any store brands that you trust.i have been a mechanic my whole life but these brands today most i have not ever heard of before and they have a lifetime warranty on them,but i dont want to have to change them every few years and brakes are very important on this big rig.any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

darsben

Central NY in summer beautiful Casa Grande AZ in w
I am looking to see what I used be back shortly

I used Raybestos professional  grade from rock Auto. They needed VIN to match up
3 years so far no problems
You are wise to replace the hoses. That is probably what is causing the pulling, but since you are in the area might as well do it all.
While you are doing that check the brake line if you can where it runs  through (on Top off) the front cross member. That seems to be a rust spot waiting to happen.
Also if it has been a few years  CHANGE the brake fluid

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=522335&cc=1059409&jsn=510

89 allegro

tore it all apart today and found that my drivers side brake hose had collapsed and so thats why it was pulling to the right,it was the only side actually working right.so i will just keep my old calipers on there until  theres a problem because everyone says it takes a few weeks to get the raybestos parts here in georgia for some reason, but the problem is solved, thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom