Anyone know what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajstanley

Hi I was wonder if anyone knows what this might be on roof of RV ?
It doesn’t appear to be plugged into anything inside I am thinking maybe gps?
685F848E-BE6C-4246-BD40-EF4995CC2C78.jpegDB50E541-1821-4B5A-AFE2-77A8D86367A0.jpeg

It might be marked on the bottom surface but my guess would be GPS or a satellite subscription antenna like XM/Sirius.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I have been using a GPS since 1999 but have never seen one with an outside antenna on an RV. Might it be a satellite TV system of some type? It might help if we knew what RV you have and a bit more about where it is located and where the cable ends. It looks to me as though it is coaxial cable?

Thanks guys i did learn its a Wifi 4g/5g & gps antenna called a blackhawk
thought it was weird as there's an actual normal antenna next to it for the radio with tv on other side

The close-up here shows it's a bit different than mine. Is yours the Blackhawk M2M?

Since XM radio is 2.322 ghz, and wi-fi is 2.4 ghz, I would think it would still work fairly well on XM.

-Don- Ashland, OR

Last edited:
It's certainly not like any Sirius/XM antenna I've ever seen. I'll grant that one might look different for an RV, but I don't think it's Sirius/XM.

I have been using a GPS since 1999 but have never seen one with an outside antenna on an RV.
On my Beaver there was a roof-mounted GPS antenna (and one for Sirius), and the same on my Newmar Ventana. They're not nearly as obvious as the OP's picture, though.

Back
Top Bottom