Anyone own a Newmar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH YES!  Please do try to join us at Quartzite!!  It will be my first time there too and I would love to have another KS3910 there to compare notes with!!  :D

Smoky said:
OH YES!  Please do try to join us at Quartzite!!  It will be my first time there too and I would love to have another KS3910 there to compare notes with!!  :D

Smoky

FYI, Newmar usually has a rally at QZ just before we do. It's held about 2 miles south of our site. You can probably see a lot of KS3910s there.

Smoky said:
Thanks for the info Bernie.  We plan to be a QZ well before the framily rally so I will look for the Newmar folks.

Just had a call from my neighbor who is at the Newmar Salem, OR rally. There is a possibility that the QZ Newmar rally may be canceled due to not enough volunteers to help.

Smoky,

Last word at Salem regarding the QZ rally was that there would be one.  New people doing it so we were warned that it might be a little rocky and have rough edges but it would happen.

Company seems committed as was the Newmar Klub.

Not sure if we will be there though.  :-((

FWIW, we just got home a few hours ago and am suffering in the heat!!

Jim

We own a 2004 Mountain Aire DP.  It is a great motorhome with some issues.  The major is the too small windshield visors.  The engineers were just not thinking when the visor design was accepted.  Our selling dealer was RV Corral in Eugene Oregon, and we are 100% satisfied with the customer service we receive there.  Our first motorhome was a Winnebago Adventurer, which we enjoyed for seven years.  Our needs dictated a DP, and we were impressed by Newmar.  We did buy when Newmar included the 3 year warranty.  We love the lifestyle and anyone entering into this adventure is fortunate.

Swanton:"The major is the too small windshield visors.  The engineers were just not thinking when the visor design was accepted."

Terry Brewer and I have after market add on sunvisors that are nearly perfect. They are electrically powered balck fabric curtains that are held rigidly in place by a scissor like mechanism. I have a set of dash switches and another set overhead for ease of use while parked. very easy to adjust the drop to obscure sun and bright blue sky. The only area missed is on the far left and that can be cought with my original visor (articulated arm with 4 or 5 degrees of freedom). I got mine installed by Country Coach service dept. Call thier parts dept for brand name.800-547-8015.

Greetings from another Calvert County camper!  We live in Owings and own a 1995 35' Dutch Star, which we purchased used from a "repo" dealer--we have had a very positive experience with this unit.  The biggest problem we have had is with the HWH levelers; the right front keeps hanging up.  We get it serviced at Beckley's Camping Center in Thurmont, MD.  On a trip to Gettysburg last fall, the alternator went out.  We managed to limp into Beckley's near closing time and one of their techs rigged a couple of jump wires so that we could finish our trip--and didn't charge us!

Otherwise, the quality of Newmar products has served this unit well.  It was very clean, looked nearly new, and we checked it out thoroughly before purchasing.  Just like purchasing a used car, you just have to do your research and be patient until you find a well-cared-for unit.  The Dutch Star was serviced regularly by the original owner; it was the second owner that failed to make payments, but they only owned it for 8 months, so it didn't suffer.

We would certainly consider purchasing another Newmar product when we upgrade in the future.

Hi Robinp!

So nice to meet another Newmar owner from the smallest county in Maryland!

We just moved away from Owings in June, after selling our house and going fulltime.  We became residents of Montana and then purchased our 2005 Kountry Star pusher from Beckley's.  I agree with you Beckley's is a very good dealer.  They are not perfect, but overall they do very well IMO, compared to most other dealers. 

Smoky
currently parked in Rapid City SD
fulltiming out of Kalispell MT

Back
Top Bottom