Anyone read Chinese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

hi, my dad has a vase that has a makers mark on it but we cant read it. Does anyone here know how to read this and can tell us what it says?

i think its chinese
0813211159.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what it says but those are not Chinese characters or Korean. My ex collected Chinese pottery and such for a while and near as I would guess is that it is a manufacturer's mark.

I thinks it reads....

s-l500.jpg

I have one of those stamps, given to me by a friend from China who had it made in China, it's supposed to be my name. I've tried to find someone to translate it and the closest I've gotten is that it's a dialect that wasn't recognized. I keep a photo of it on my phone in the event I run across someone that might know but over 30 years now I haven't had any luck. If no one knows what it says, then what good does it do as a form of identification?

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

thanks everyone. i used google image search app and actually found the makers mark.

it seems to be chinese and qianlong famille rose vase or a jingdezhen mark but still dont know what it says. I dont know if its 20th century or period.

Last edited:
There are two types of Chinese charters, the traditional Chinese used in Hong Kong, Macau and the "simplified" Chinese used in the mainland. The "simplified" uses less lines.

The simplified is in common with both Cantonese and Mandarin (and the other dialects). While they cannot talk to each other, if they only know one of the languages, they can still write to each other.

But that vase is neither. It's not Chinese writing, but I don't know what it is.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom