Anyone Stayed Here? Terry Bison Ranch, Cheyenne, WY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy.
We are thinking of staying at the Terry Bison Ranch in Cheyenne, WY. They advertise a lot of fun activities for children. Our grandson Cole, age 10, is traveling with us. Any opinions about this ranch?

Any other ideas for stuff to do in Wyoming?

Thanks,
Liz

Terry Bison is the best place to stay in Cheyenne.? We've been there several times.? Also go to the airport restaurant for at least one meal.? Best food in town.

There is a very good railroad museum in town also.  Worth a visit.

Jackliz said:
Howdy.
We are thinking of staying at the Terry Bison Ranch in Cheyenne, WY. They advertise a lot of fun activities for children. Our grandson Cole, age 10, is traveling with us. Any opinions about this ranch?

Any other ideas for stuff to do in Wyoming?

Thanks,
Liz

We stay at Terry Bison whenever we visit Cheyenne.  Your grandson will like seeing the buffalo.  Good place to eat too.  If in town the very best place to eat in Cheyenne is the Airport Cafe.  If you plan on eating at the Airport Cafe I suggest getting there by 16:30 or you may end up standing in line.

Which way are you headed from Cheyenne?  If going West visit the Territorial Prison at Laramie.  Last time we were there we just parked the rigs in the parking lot and continued to Rawlins where we over nighted.

Howdy, Ned and Ron.
Thanks for the speedy replies.
Ron, we are not sure where we will go from Cheyenne. Maybe to see the Oregon Wheel Trail Ruts, Guernsey, WY. Please tell me again when you will be in Montana.

I am thinking about getting an air card for the laptop. The cell phone bills are expensive!! :mad:  :mad:

Best regards,
Liz

We Will arrive at Sam's Camp on 10 Jul.  If you guys want to arrive earlier let me know so I can let Shirley know so she will let you park and so I can give you directions.

If you visit the railroad museum, located in the old depot building, ask if you can get a tour of the steam shop.  This is very interesting as it is where the Union Pacific RR maintains the two Steam Engines they still have one is the Challenger 4-6-6-4 and the second is a smaller engine.  Took several forum members on that tour a few years ago and they all seemed to enjoy it. That was the year that the next day Russ had to head back to work while the rest of us continued on being tourists.  Another thing to see is the Big Boy steam engine on static display at a city park.

Looking forward to seeing you at Sam's Camp

Jackliz said:
Howdy, Ned and Ron.
Thanks for the speedy replies.
Ron, we are not sure where we will go from Cheyenne. Maybe to see the Oregon Wheel Trail Ruts, Guernsey, WY. Please tell me again when you will be in Montana.

I am thinking about getting an air card for the laptop. The cell phone bills are expensive!! :mad:  :mad:

Best regards,
Liz
Liz:

Are you being charged for evening and weekend minutes? When using a cell for connecting I become a night owl. ;D

Ned said:
Terry Bison is the best place to stay in Cheyenne.? We've been there several times.? Also go to the airport restaurant for at least one meal.? Best food in town.

There is a very good railroad museum in town also.? Worth a visit.

Well we went to the Airport restaurant yesterday with Jack Liz and Cole.  After telling them how great it is and all we were disappointed to find the Cloud Nine restaurant is no more and has been replaced with a Mexican place that can't even get the orders right.  I will not be going back.  Guess I had better check around and see if the Cloud Nine restaurant has just moved to a new locations or if it has become history.

Back
Top Bottom