Anyone use CBD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some people that are mentally ill are actually feeling their natural selves.
Yep, and those are usually better off with some drug.

In fact, people can be addicted to NOT taking any drugs, because the drugs stop the highs and lows they naturally enjoy. And some of those people can be dangerous when not taking their medicine.

-Don- Auburn, CA

I took CBD gummies for a while as an anti-inflammatory. While NSAIDs like ibuprofen worked better than CBD, they raise my blood pressure. CBD helped, but not enough so I just went back to acetaminophen. I have taken THC/CBD combo tinctures to help with post surgical pain after my rotator cuff surgery, and they were fairly effective. Opioids put me out! The tincture helped the pain (not as much as opioids). I also took it to get to sleep when the shoulder just ached a bit which it did for a year. I would still be taking CBD if I could find a reliable, reputable source. Many dispensaries only carry THC/CBD combos. I don’t buy it from hemp stores as I don’t trust their pharmacology.

We gave our mini dachshund CBD for joint pain for the last few years of her life. If we forgot, it was easy to see her limp get worse.
Wife gets peanut butter cookies (CBD/THC) that help with her arthritis, but only takes them before bed as they do make you sleepy.
Don't need or want the medical establishment's approval. They have lost all credibility, IMO.

I used to use THC to help me fall asleep. Once I stopped drinking 12 diet Pepsi a day I no longer need help to fall asleep. I was so dumb I had no idea that diet Pepsi were the cause of my insomnia.
That’s why I drink caffeine free Diet Pepsi, though not quite the quantity you describe.

i tried cbd for about 6 weeks after a co worker recommended i try it,i waited for it to do something,then gave it up for prescription alternatives.waste of my time.it did nothing for me.

When I was going through my cancer treatments I tried various cannibis products.
I found that CBD in various forms did very little for me, but products containing THC helped with the pain from the surgery and radiation, helped me maintain my appetite and also helped me sleep. Usually 10-20 mg of THC was very effective. Much more than that would get me higher than I wanted to be. I once tried 100mg of THC in a chocolate bar and I've never been so high on cannabis in my life! And I was a pot smoker for most of my life!
On the other hand I have a close friend that has nerve issues from almost being electrocuted many years ago. For him CBD is a miracle drug. It helps relieve the lingering pain, and helps with the tremors he gets in his hands.

When I was going through my cancer treatments I tried various cannibis products.
I found that CBD in various forms did very little for me, but products containing THC helped with the pain from the surgery and radiation, helped me maintain my appetite and also helped me sleep. Usually 10-20 mg of THC was very effective. Much more than that would get me higher than I wanted to be. I once tried 100mg of THC in a chocolate bar and I've never been so high on cannabis in my life! And I was a pot smoker for most of my life!
On the other hand I have a close friend that has nerve issues from almost being electrocuted many years ago. For him CBD is a miracle drug. It helps relieve the lingering pain, and helps with the tremors he gets in his hands.
Boy do I love reading these success stories. It makes it all worthwhile. In the mid 90s I worked with Dennis Peron to help get Proposition 215 passed. It was the first piece of legislation in the world that legalized medical marijuana. It passed by a landslide much to the shock of the conservative community. Most people have no idea how the legalization of medical marijuana started. It began in San Francisco in the 90s when many gay people in San Francisco were suffering from AIDs. They could not eat, drink or take the massive amounts of medications that were required to live a normal lifestyle. As most people know pot gives you the "munchies". By using medical marijuana it was an amazing transformation in their life. They could now eat, drink and take their meds. So the gay community in SF banded together and changed the laws and live a more normal life. You can read about it here:

Last edited:
A friend of mine that was on a painkiller like Oxycodone or similar a few years back and he asked his doctor about CBD and the doctor responded by saying the problem with switching is that it might mean trying 3 or 4 different types before finding one that worked which would involve dealing with the pain for weeks before finding one and then could not guarantee that same one would be available when it came time to refill. I can't verify it and because this conversation was quick and 4 or 5 years ago I might not be remembering all the details but it leads me to believe that CBD is not a magic cure that some say it could be.

Yes prescriptions are rare because many doctors are afraid the government will do something to them. I have tried CBD many times but it never works for me.
So maybe doctors rarely prescribe it because it is rarely effective and not out of fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom