Anyone use CBD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look into covid deaths where mold was found in the lungs. Look at the symptoms related to mold toxins. Think about how smoke in the lungs would fumigate and retard the growth of mold.
And Andy Kaufman never smoked and he died in his 30s of lung cancer.
Which tells you lungs cancer is not necessarily from smoking. Has the rate of lung cancers gone down significantly since the government started their anti-smoking campaign?
Do you believe the government put all that effort into the war on tobacco because they were concerned about our health?

I live in a heavy radon area. Radon also causes lung cancer when breathed in. Pretty much all houses now built have radon mitigation systems built in. Like just about all other cancers, there are multiple causes for lung cancer, not just smoking.

I can't even begin to say how ridiculous this statement is. Most people need to drive a car to get to their job, grocery shop, get their kids to school or events, buy supplies for their home, and many other day to day things. Please tell me how someone needs to smoke pot to do any of those things.

Never mind the fact that your statement starts with what California says. I am pretty sure that is the state where you can shoplift as long as you keep it under a certain dollar amount.

Please calm down and keep it on topic.

Nicotine is vital to good health. Nicotinic acid forms the basis of the molecules that deliver energy to our cells.
We have nicotinic receptors in our brains and bodies. If those receptors do not find nicotine to fill them up, other nasties will move in and make you sick. Did you see the data saying smokers had less incidence of covid?

Look into covid deaths where mold was found in the lungs. Look at the symptoms related to mold toxins. Think about how smoke in the lungs would fumigate and retard the growth of mold.

Which tells you lungs cancer is not necessarily from smoking. Has the rate of lung cancers gone down significantly since the government started their anti-smoking campaign?
Do you believe the government put all that effort into the war on tobacco because they were concerned about our health?
No, they are not concerned about our health one bit. If they were then alcohol and cigarettes would be illegal.

Not really sure why this thread drifted into legal/illegal use of marijuana or THC...CBD is a cannabinoid, as THC is, but its effects on the brain are quite different to those of THC.

No, they are not concerned about our health one bit. If they were then alcohol and cigarettes would be illegal.
And if they were concerned about our freedoms, none of it would be illegal. In this country one should be able to do as they damn well please, regardless if some Karen thinks it's bad. As long as my activity doesn't infringe someone else's rights, they have no say. I might not NEED to smoke pot or tobacco, but need is not the standard in the U.S.A.

I am calm and my post is spot on.

Marijuana, THC and CBD are both legal for medical and recreational use where I live. It makes it very easy to have open, in-depth conversations with healthcare providers about it, and there's no shortage of good reading and published studies to inform choices.

I am 100% confident that if I wanted or needed to use it medicinally or for recreation, the risk would be comparatively low compared to other "normally" accepted vices, and definitely lower risk than some other prescribed medications.

I realize some people come from bad information and fear, and I can't change that.

My mother died of the after effects of lung cancer. It wasn’t pretty. Even the thought of smoking something gives me the shakes. Smoke of any type puts microscopic particles in your lungs. That includes smoke from campfires and car exhausts in addition to smoke from tobacco and marijuana. Just look in medical textbooks from smoky areas to see the pictures of smoker’s lungs. And those who say marijuana is “natural” and smoking it doesn’t injure lungs, well science says otherwise. But CDB and THC in tinctures and edibles doesn’t have the same results on the lungs.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Breathing any air puts microscopic particles in your lungs. Toxins are everywhere, in every breath we take. What matters is how your immune system handles it.
They said my Mother died of lung cancer too, after not smoking for 35 years, and the doctors said smoking had nothing to do with her cancer.

How many of the group has seen a person that has to use MJ several times a day to maintain themselves? And if they didn't get their hit in a timely fashion is a SOB to be around, can't hold a job, abuse of children and delusions of how great they are. Not to mention bouts of paranoid?

How many of the group has seen a person that has to use MJ several times a day to maintain themselves? And if they didn't get their hit in a timely fashion is a SOB to be around, can't hold a job, abuse of children and delusions of how great they are. Not to mention bouts of paranoid?

N-1 when compared to alcoholics and nicotine addicts, and other drug users. I don't know any chronic marijuana users, only people who use it recreationally, and they are all very high-functioning. But I suppose it mostly depends on the company you personally keep around.

How many of the group has used a doctor or lawyer or other professional and thought, wow I'm sure glad that guy knows his stuff, and never knew the guy smokes a joint every evening.

I knew plenty of people like that when I ran the clinic. All had serious medical conditions that were not treatable with normal medications. AiDs patents, cancer patients, seizure patients, and spinal cord injury patients. None were an SOB to be around or abused children. No paranoia.

I doubt you know who the very first medical marijuana dealer was. It was the US government. They had studied the effects of medical marijuana since the 60s and decided they needed a good supply of organically grown pot and some patients.
They selected the University of Mississippi to award the contract to in 1978 and enlisted some prospective patients. 54 years later UM is still growing and patients are still receiving free pot. It was called the IND. They stopped accepting new patients in the 1992.

I knew one of the patients and he showed my his stash. Every month he received 300 joints pre-rolled. They were skinny and didn't smell like it was really good stuff. He would not let me try it because it was against the rules for him to share it. He smoked 10 joints per day. When I knew him he had been on the program for over 20 years. He appeared and acted very normal to me.

In the 90s I had Dr Todd Mikuriya wrote me a prescription of medical marijuana. He is considered the godfather of medical marijuana. In the early 70s he was on a commission to study marijuana and it's effect on the brain.

The study was commissioned by the Nixon administration to see what was going on with medical marijuana. It was called the Shafer Commission. You never heard of them? Of course not. The commissions findings were that use of marijuana was relatively benign and it should be legalized. Well that was not what Nixon wanted to hear. So the report was buried after it was presented to congress.

Then Nixon set up the DEA to do a drug war which costs the American taxpayers billions of dollars and ruined the lives of millions of people who were sent to jail on felony narcotics charges. If you pay taxes then every year a portion of your taxes goes to fight Nixon's failed war on drugs. It certainly did not stop the use of marijuana.

I know there are lots of people who don't want to hear any of this because it does not support the lies the government have been feeding you for years.

Last edited:
How many of the group has used a doctor or lawyer or other professional and thought, wow I'm sure glad that guy knows his stuff, and never knew the guy smokes a joint every evening.
I rented a room and lived with a lawyer named Kate Wells and we smoked together many times. I would much prefer a doctor or lawyer who smoked rather than a non-smoking one. She did many pro bono cases for medical marijuana patients who were arrested.

Last edited:
Actually, during the radiation and chemo treatments, they wanted me on a 3500 calorie a day diet. They didn't care how healthy it was as long as I maintained the calories. I ate a lot of ice cream those six weeks. :)
My personal choice when I went through Chemo was ribeye and fries. If the cancer doesn't get you, the diet will. I gained 20 lbs that year. I wish I could get it back off. :)

N-1 when compared to alcoholics and nicotine addicts, and other drug users. I don't know any chronic marijuana users, only people who use it recreationally, and they are all very high-functioning. But I suppose it mostly depends on the company you personally keep around.
Unfortunately the SOB in question is my Son-in Law. Good news is he started getting into treatment and is just about bearable to be around. Even the the grandkids admit he is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom