Anyone use Healthcraft cookware?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everyone,

In attending a RV show a while back, there was a demonstration of Healthcraft cookware.

The chef that was demonstrating it was very good.  The meal he prepared was also very good.

The attribute to this cookware was it being made of surgical steel.

Nothing stuck to the pots or pans and the chicken he prepared on the stove top was as succulent as ever without
having to add any water or anything.  I was impressed.

Also, I was informed that you can't find the cookware in stores, only at shows.

I'm just curious to see if anyone else has seen or used Healthcraft cookware and if they would recommend it.

Thanks for your time.

RVCampingHalfPriceGuide

We find that there are several other brands that work fine.  We have Cuisinart at home and another brand in the MH and have the same situation.  The one in the MH is about 7 or 8 years old, stores in itself, the handles come off, and cooks very well too.  It was about $75 when we bought it for the set.  G

My daughters like Caphalon if you want to spend money!  BG

Top name brands are all good. Don't know what surgical steel does for you that other, high quality cookware does not. What was the price? The stuff we have seen demo'ed at RV shows has been extremely expensive, even in their discounted "full set" packages and "show prices".

We use T-Fal at home and have the T-Fal removable handle/nested set in the coach. Removable handles are great for RVs - require MUCH less storage space.

To the tune of $1300+, Yes  we ve heard of it and have it.    Wife looks it.  Food appears to taste better and is very easy to care for and clean. Does everything the demonstrator says.  Makes my life a little easier cuz no complaining about the cookware.  Have to learn to cook on very low heat.  On our electric stove we would cook on approxiamately #6 setting, it's now #2 Only thing I don't like cooked in them is the hash browns in the AM  Guess I just haven't discovered the right way to do that or I'm to impatient to wait for it.  but then I'm always hungry.  Make for great servers also. What we like most is the healthyness of the food.  I think the low heat has much to do with that.  JMHO

IMHO it is way overpriced.  IMHO I strongly believe that you can realize the same benefits just by learning to cook with lower heat, as they do,  on the cookware you have now.  Years ago cookware by a company called Wearever touted the same benefits and was sold door to door.

Shayne said:
To the tune of $1300+, Yes  we ve heard of it and have it.    Wife looks it.  Food appears to taste better and is very easy to care for and clean. Does everything the demonstrator says.  Makes my life a little easier cuz no complaining about the cookware.   Have to learn to cook on very low heat.   On our electric stove we would cook on approxiamately #6 setting, it's now #2 Only thing I don't like cooked in them is the hash browns in the AM  Guess I just haven't discovered the right way to do that or I'm to impatient to wait for it.  but then I'm always hungry.  Make for great servers also. What we like most is the healthyness of the food.  I think the low heat has much to do with that.  JMHO

Yes, I have wanted to purchase Healthcraft for the very benefits you mentioned and what the demontrator advertises.

I almost bought it.  I came very close but opted not to get it. 

I just could not hand over that kind of money at that point in time.

Ultimately my goal is to purchase a few of the items to start before I get the whole set.

Thanks,

RVCampingHalfPriceGuide

If you want the benefits at less than `half the cost, just by stainless steel cookware - that does not have a non-stick lining. If you can, find the ones that have a relatively thick base so they retain the heat, that is how the temperature is reduced.

Larry

We've had the cheaper stuff--- Nowhere close to what we bought.,  No comparison. Could have bought anything we wanted and the Boss wanted this.  That alone is worth more than a few bucks.  She's satisfied and so am I, so how can tht be too much.   Like buying a MH if you likewhat you bought for the price you paid, you got a good deal.   Had we paid $250 for it and been disatisfied, it would have been a bad deal.  Besides We got more than we thought we were getting in the 1st place.  We've priced this before. JMHO   Buy what you want and get what you want,  If you've happy that's the object of any deal for the buyer.

Your are right, if you are satisfied, that is all that matters. Many eons ago (well, about 30 years anyway), I was in the AF and we got sort of suckered into hosting a waterless cookware party at our home - don't even remember the brand. Well push come to shove, we bought to the tune of $1500 (which would be about $10M in todays market - it seems anyway - heck, at the time, that was 3 to 4 months salary for military NonComs). The big selling point was the cook 'salesman' actually made a pot of steamed rice in the fridge. Added the rice, a bit of water, got it boiling, put it in the fridge, and 20 minutes later had excellent rice. That and it's stackable - you can put one pot on top the other and cook in both at the same time. Are we sorry we got it - then yes, now - no. It's been 30+ years and it still works and looks as good as the day we bought. It is a very heavy 2 or 3 ply stainless with a stainless covered cast iron bottom to retain the heat. Have to agree, you get what you pay for, I had just mentioned the cheaper stuff as that is the route we went in the fiver as we only PT. Once old age catches up and we go FT, the waterless set will probably be what migrates to the fiver with us.

Larry

We also had the Wearever and compared to this   No Comparison.  JMHO   Tried many many of their recipes and so far, found nothing bad.   Honestly   spaghetti even tastes better.  All in what you are satisfied with and the Boss   loves it   so I'm tickled pink  lol  Besides I've got too many lumps on the noggin now.

We have the Healthcraft cookware and really like it.  It is a little expensive, but you get what you pay for.  It made my wife happy, and if she is happy, then we are both happy.  It does cook and clean (I know from experience ::) ) as advertised.

After watching the demo at several RV shows, I splurged and bought the set.  I did not use it much at first as the pans are cumbersome to store.  However now that I am in my new home, the pans are in the house and I really do like them.  They act just as advertised.

Betty

Gary,  ???where would I find the removable handle T-fal set?  I've never seen them and would love them for our motorhome.
Thanks
JoAnn

Joann:

I think we bought our T-fal pots and pans at Linens & Things, or some place like that, but within two years the teflon started going on them and we trashed them.  We found another set, stainless steel and detachable handles.  You only get two handles, that interchange on the pots.  But I love the pots.  Came with two fry pans, four sauce pans (graduated sizes) and lids with steam holes in them, and storage (plastic) lids too.  Think the whole set was $79-$100.  Can't quite remember, and I also think we bought them at Camping World, but I can't remember that  for sure either.  The brand name is Fagor and they are made in China, but I really, really like them, over and above T-fal.  Everything nests into one maybe 10 inch high stack.  I've spread them out in a cupboard so I can find the fry pans quicker from the sauce pans, without having to lift them all out to find the right pan. 

They are VERY easy to clean, and I haven't had anything burn in them on a gas stove and oven.

Hope someone jumps in and helps me with the exact facts, in case I've "remembered" it all wrong. 

Daisy

Thanks Daisy, that sounds great!  I'll keep a lookout for them.

JoAnn

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom