Anyone Use locast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Hi, anyone use www.locast.org to get local channels on the tv. Im trying to set up my firestick to use it. Its only in major cities and there is one in Dallas TX but im not sure if i can use that one or not since im about 80 miles away.

HULU, YouTube TV, and Sling TV are all way too expensive for me.

Does it normally take a long time for the firestick to download the update?

Locast is geofenced, whether or not you can use it depends on where your ISP reports your location. Try logging in to the service using the browser in your PC, if it connects and lets you access the channel menu and watch programs, then worry about setting up the Firestick.

Keep in mind you may lose access if you move to another location that's outside one of Locast's local markets.

I use Locast regularly on my Firestick wherever I am using Nord VPN to "locate" me in the closest Locast served city. Or sometimes to locate me in another time zone to catch a program I missed locally. At $5/mo, I've been very happy with the service. My second favorite $5/mo goes to the Stremium service that lets me record Locast programming and other streaming services.

Cool thanks all :) My son gave me the firestick lite last year i think and i realized to use it i had to enable my WPS i think it was on my local internet and i didnt want to do that for security purposes, so i disconnected it and tossed it in a box to collect dust. But today i discovered that you can use your cell phone hotspot to hook it up, and that i am ok with..... So im giving it a go again.

I dont care about the movies, i just want all my local channels again. One of my local channels i can no longer get with the antenna, i get everything else but that one. So ill have to use the firestick to get that channel.

Its been downloading for prob 3 hours and its only half done so i guess i was way behind on updates.

Thanks for the tip about logging into locast on the pc to test it.... ill try that...

Last edited:
So i got the station app downloaded and installing. One thing i have noticed is that watching channels is very slow it keeps buffering. So i guess the hotspot is good in a pinch but not really designed to watch tv.

Maybe im gonna be forced to use my local network rather than my cell hotspot.

We use two hotspots, one AT&T and the other Verizon, but the speeds and signal quality vary widely as we move from location to location of course. Using your local network would likely be better in your situation.

Back
Top Bottom