Anyone watching the Olympics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jymbee

I catch some of what the media considers the "highlights" (had to miss those) but for the most part not paying all that much attention.

You are late:

Nope, lost interest years ago, when the judge scandal broke. When they admitted many scores were based on what country the athletes were from, not the accomplishment.

I cannot possibly convey how little I care about the Olympics. Have not watched even one second of it.

We have no interest. We enjoy watching sports where they compete to win, respect the country they come from and appreciate the opportunities they have been given.

A 13 year old girl won a gold medal for skateboarding...

The God's on Mount Olympus are crying. I am tuned out. The Olympics are now just another money making media event.

Apologies to all the track and field athletes who work so hard to be there and engage in real sports.

I reckon if any athlete at the games can't complete at least a half marathon in say 1 1/2 hours then they can't be called athletes.

Yes being a former swimmer I do enjoy the swimming events. However the insane mask wearing in and around the pool has to go.

I honestly think the Olympics are dying a not so slow death and the death certificate will read "Suicide".

Yes being a former swimmer I do enjoy the swimming events. However the insane mask wearing in and around the pool has to go.
Japan had a significant increase in COVID cases plus the US sent at least 100 unvaccinated athletes. IMHO any participant that refuses to be vaccinated shouldn’t be allowed to participate. Masks are mandated to protect folks from other folks. wearing a mask for a few minutes shouldn’t be a big deal to anybody. Try wearing full chem gear in the summer in Las Vegas for 8 hours (or Iraq or Afghanistan).

Japan had a significant increase in COVID cases plus the US sent at least 100 unvaccinated athletes. IMHO any participant that refuses to be vaccinated shouldn’t be allowed to participate. Masks are mandated to protect folks from other folks. wearing a mask for a few minutes shouldn’t be a big deal to anybody. Try wearing full chem gear in the summer in Las Vegas for 8 hours (or Iraq or Afghanistan).
So you have no problem with weaponizing a vaccine that is not truly a vaccine and that is not FDA approved to some of the healthiest and fit people in the world?

So you have no problem with weaponizing a vaccine that is not truly a vaccine and that is not FDA approved to some of the healthiest and fit people in the world?
That is one of the craziest responses I have ever read. I do have problems with people making up lies to spread their message of fear. Those vaccines have saved millions of lives here in the US alone.

I usually watch a lot of the Olympics especially the winter ones mostly because cold weather and shorter days has me inside more but I have not watched any of these games yet. I did catch a video of the lowlights of the U.S. women's soccer team losing to Sweden. I am frustrated that our athletes have broken rules about not making the games political with no punishment. I have heard reports about some poor performances of our athletes and I have to wonder if it is because they are focusing on things other than just competing.

That is one of the craziest responses I have ever read. I do have problems with people making up lies to spread their message of fear. Those vaccines have saved millions of lives here in the US alone.
Millions? Please don't talk to me about lies to spread a message of fear when you come up with that number. That is exactly what you just did. The virus has not been that deadly with people in the health that these Olympic athletes are in so making them get a jab is weaponizing it.

My wife and I got vaccinated back in March and still wear a mask in public places. My brother who lives in Florida, better known as COVID Central, feels the same way you do. Anti vaxers and anti maskers. He has been in the ICU with a tracheotomy and on a ventilator for more than 2 weeks. I will take my chances with the vaccine rather than chance being in his situation.

I am not into using dramatic terminology on either side. I like to deal with simple facts and easy to spot contradictions. Masks were to protect the unvaccinated and those without natural immunity, especially the unvaccinated at higher risk of death or hospitalization. I supported that.

At this point, it is clear. Those who what the vaccine got it. Those who did not assume the risk. If the unvaccinated want to wear a mask to protect themselves, fine. You cannot reject the vaccine, go into the public, and demand the public jump through hoops to compensate for your exercise of choice.

Millions? Please don't talk to me about lies to spread a message of fear when you come up with that number. That is exactly what you just did. The virus has not been that deadly with people in the health that these Olympic athletes are in so making them get a jab is weaponizing it.
You should be banned from posting on any forum or social media. Spreading lies like you are doing puts people at risk. And it is millions; worldwide.

Let ban and silence all we disagree with. That will build the society we want to live in :)

Gentlemen, let's be kind, tolerant, open-minded, and get back to RVing. I would be disturbed to see either of you banned from anything.

Let ban and silence all we disagree with. That will build the society we want to live in :)

Gentlemen, let's be kind, tolerant, open-minded, and get back to RVing. I would be disturbed to see either of you banned from anything.
It’s not a disagreement. It’s fact vs conspiracy theory. This thread is not about RVing. There are forums here that do not have to be about RVs. This may well be shut down but I cannot let someone spew lies and conspiracy theories that are dangerous in the name of an opinion.

So we should be free to express opinions. We just need to make sure that others don't declare our opinions as conspiracy theories. In the meantime, we better make sure they don't declare your opinion a conspiracy. Who arbitrates that???

Answer - those in power! Don't you see that that is not freedom of opinion? That is RULE BY POWER! It is very ugly and has killed far more than any war or plague and snuffed the light of hope out of the eyes of billions more.

Just a point of trivia that gets far too little coverage. More people have been killed by their own governments
(Democide) then have been killed by war or plague, or accidents. It is so astounding that it seems impossible. It starts by declaring certain opinions dangerous and illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom