Anyone watching the Olympics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I care about other people getting it, and am not so selfish as to only think of myself.
Did not answer my question at all. Maybe I will word it differently and that will help. If you have had the jab and truly believe that it is protecting you from getting the virus then why are you concerned about being around somebody that has chosen not to take the jab? They can't give it to you can they?

Please stop using the word selfish when talking about someone who has concerns about something that has only been approved for emergency use only and has killed thousands of people in the U.S. as well as severe side effects on perfectly healthy people. That only makes you sound self righteous.

Did not answer my question at all. Maybe I will word it differently and that will help. If you have had the jab and truly believe that it is protecting you from getting the virus then why are you concerned about being around somebody that has chosen not to take the jab? They can't give it to you can they?

Please stop using the word selfish when talking about someone who has concerns about something that has only been approved for emergency use only and has killed thousands of people in the U.S. as well as severe side effects on perfectly healthy people. That only makes you sound self righteous.
So your are more concerned with possible side effects, than the disease itself? Again, this is a societal issue as we saw the drastic drop in new cases after the vaccine was released and millions of people got the shots. Yes, there were some negative effects, and even some deaths, but to me the risk of side effects is a lot less than no vaccine at all. Had there been no vaccine, millions more people would have died worldwide. Had millions more Americans gotten the shots before the variants started to spread, we would not has seen the variants spread as easily as they have and continue to do so. As I said, the choice is yours to get or not get the shots, but if you choose not to, then dont expect the rest of society to put up with your selfishness.

There are people who are not eligible to take the vaccine. Those who refuse the vaccine are endangering then. Among the ineligible are children under 6 years. Over 400 of those children have been killed by the virus.

I have an idea. Let's find some way to identify the refusers so hospitals won't bother trying to save their miserable lives.
There was a time when we had a draft that inducted men to go to war. Thousands of them were killed in a cause for the greater good for the world. And to give us the right to choose. I look at taking the vaccine as doing my part to save thousands of lives.

So your are more concerned with possible side effects, than the disease itself? Again, this is a societal issue as we saw the drastic drop in new cases after the vaccine was released and millions of people got the shots. Yes, there were some negative effects, and even some deaths, but to me the risk of side effects is a lot less than no vaccine at all. Had there been no vaccine, millions more people would have died worldwide. Had millions more Americans gotten the shots before the variants started to spread, we would not has seen the variants spread as easily as they have and continue to do so. As I said, the choice is yours to get or not get the shots, but if you choose not to, then dont expect the rest of society to put up with your selfishness.
Why should I not be concerned about side effects as well as death that is happening? If the drastic drop was all due to vaccinations then why is there an increase now? Did some people get unvaccinated? My guess is that it has never occurred to you that some of those numbers were manipulated? You know the way they said that they were no longer going to tell us if any of the Texas lawmakers who went to DC instead of doing their job? I guess our open borders has nothing to do with more cases either right? Like I have said if you feel that the protection of the virus out weighs the chance of side effects that is wonderful and I do not hold that against you. Unfortunately you can't do the same for people with opinions different than yours. I am also comfortable with a 99.9999999% chance of surviving Covid.

By the way you still have not answered the question. If you truly believe the vaccine is effective and you are protected why are you are concerned about those who have not been? After all there is such a small chance they can give it to you.

There are people who are not eligible to take the vaccine. Those who refuse the vaccine are endangering then. Among the ineligible are children under 6 years. Over 400 of those children have been killed by the virus.

I have an idea. Let's find some way to identify the refusers so hospitals won't bother trying to save their miserable lives.
There was a time when we had a draft that inducted men to go to war. Thousands of them were killed in a cause for the greater good for the world. And to give us the right to choose. I look at taking the vaccine as doing my part to save thousands of lives.
And to think we are the unreasonable ones and not you....

The vaccine(s) are remarkably safe. Plague rats are messing this up for everyone - the economic recovery, not having to wear a mask, schooling, travel, everything. These paragons of "personal choice" can't seem to see that they are destroying and exhausting what is left of US health systems and putting others in danger. I'm out of both patience and grace. Stupid and selfish both accurately describe those who refuse at this point.

...By the way you still have not answered the question. If you truly believe the vaccine is effective and you are protected why are you are concerned about those who have not been? After all there is such a small chance they can give it to you.
I am concerned about those who have not been vaccinated because I am not selfish, and am concerned with those who are not vaccinated who are for various reasons not able to be vaccinated, such as younger children, but who can still get the virus.
How many children are you willing to see die of the virus because people like you wont get the shots?

The vaccine(s) are remarkably safe. Plague rats are messing this up for everyone - the economic recovery, not having to wear a mask, schooling, travel, everything. These paragons of "personal choice" can't seem to see that they are destroying and exhausting what is left of US health systems and putting others in danger. I'm out of both patience and grace. Stupid and selfish both accurately describe those who refuse at this point.
Why have over 5 thousand people died from the vaccine then? Do you realize that any other vaccine with the same death rate VAERS would have been stopped? If they are so safe why has the FDA not approved it yet? Stupid and selfish?

If me choosing not to get the jab is stupid and selfish then what do you call Biden opening the border?

I am concerned about those who have not been vaccinated because I am not selfish, and am concerned with those who are not vaccinated who are for various reasons not able to be vaccinated, such as younger children, but who can still get the virus.
How many children are you willing to see die of the virus because people like you wont get the shots?
I don't want to see any child die and using that as a coercion to try to get me to take what is not a vaccine and is not approved with very little long term testing when children rarely get the virus and their death rate is almost zero is absolutely ridiculous. I see you are fine with the over 5 thousand people who have died because of the vaccine.

Why have over 5 thousand people died from the vaccine then? Do you realize that any other vaccine with the same death rate VAERS would have been stopped? If they are so safe why has the FDA not approved it yet? Stupid and selfish?

If me choosing not to get the jab is stupid and selfish then what do you call Biden opening the border?

Clearly if you know enough to say something about VAERS, then you also know ANYONE can make reports to it, and there ARE people out there making false reports with the specific purpose to create fear and distrust of the vaccine and related agencies. You'll need to turn off the crazy to continue this discussion with me.

The vaccine is still in EUA status because it is completing the latter of its trials. There's no 'gotcha' there.

And don't change the subject, since we're on it. Immigration has nothing to do with this topic.

Clearly if you know enough to say something about VAERS, then you also know ANYONE can make reports to it, and there ARE people out there making false reports with the specific purpose to create fear and distrust of the vaccine and related agencies. You'll need to turn off the crazy to continue this discussion with me.

The vaccine is still in EUA status because it is completing the latter of its trials. There's no 'gotcha' there.

And don't change the subject, since we're on it. Immigration has nothing to do with this topic.
So those numbers are manipulated but the ones you believe are not????? You can say that immigration is not part of the topic but you called me stupid and selfish for not getting the jab that I am being told I need to get by someone who is letting thousands cross our borders and distributing them across the country without getting vaccinated. Is that stupid and selfish of him?

Now you are trying to get the thread shut down. Is it because your argument is missing facts and really idiotic. 99% of the recent COVID deaths were unvaccinated folks. My brother is in the ICU on a vent with a pneumothorax. He and his whole family are unvaccinated. His wife has COVID. His nephew and his wife and children have COVID. we need 70%-80% of folks to get vaccinated in order to reach herd immunity. We did our patriotic duty. Too bad you don’t feel the same way.

So those numbers are manipulated but the ones you believe are not????? You can say that immigration is not part of the topic but you called me stupid and selfish for not getting the jab that I am being told I need to get by someone who is letting thousands cross our borders and distributing them across the country without getting vaccinated. Is that stupid and selfish of him?

Time to turn off the Fox News.... You do know that our Southern Border isn't actually open, right? And that Canada now has a higher vaccination rate than the US? That wouldn't matter for your narrative, however.

Get the vaccine, you plague rat.

That whole paragraph is stupid.

Now you are trying to get the thread shut down. Is it because your argument is missing facts and really idiotic. 99% of the recent COVID deaths were unvaccinated folks. My brother is in the ICU on a vent with a pneumothorax. He and his whole family are unvaccinated. His wife has COVID. His nephew and his wife and children have COVID. we need 70%-80% of folks to get vaccinated in order to reach herd immunity. We did our patriotic duty. Too bad you don’t feel the same way.
Bowing to something you have concerns over is not patriotic and saying that is dumb. What happens when we get to that percentage will they move the goal posts again like they have so many times already. I was just told by another poster that numbers can be manipulated but apparently that 99% number can't be right?

I feel badly for your brother but you can't put that on me or anybody like me.

Time to turn off the Fox News.... You do know that our Southern Border isn't actually open, right? And that Canada now has a higher vaccination rate than the US? That wouldn't matter for your narrative, however.

Get the vaccine, you plague rat.
Are you aware that a lot of people on Fox News actually tell people they should get vaccinated? If you watched it you might actually see what sheriffs and other law enforcement are going through on a daily basis. I don't have a narrative at all except for freedom of what I choose to do to my body. It might be off topic but I do find it quite silly that the same people that want to mandate vaccines to "protect me" are the same ones that want to take certain weapons away that I use to protect myself. I also find it very hypocritical that the same people that screamed my body my choice are saying vaccines need to be mandated to save lives. But I am the one with the narrative and agenda.

Plague rat? Good one. If you watched Fox News you would also see some of the negative aspects of the virus and might understand why people are concerned but you won't because that does not fit your narrative.

You are listening to guidelines that are being set by the same people that are letting thousands cross our borders every day that are not tested or vaccinated and but what I say is stupid.
70% of undocumented immigrants have been vaccinated. Unfortunately 30% are of your mindset. There are not thousands of unvaccinated immigrants being released into our general population.

Are you aware that a lot of people on Fox News actually tell people they should get vaccinated? If you watched it you might actually see what sheriffs and other law enforcement are going through on a daily basis. I don't have a narrative at all except for freedom of what I choose to do to my body. It might be off topic but I do find it quite silly that the same people that want to mandate vaccines to "protect me" are the same ones that want to take certain weapons away that I use to protect myself. I also find it very hypocritical that the same people that screamed my body my choice are saying vaccines need to be mandated to save lives. But I am the one with the narrative and agenda.

Plague rat? Good one. If you watched Fox News you would also see some of the negative aspects of the virus and might understand why people are concerned but you won't because that does not fit your narrative.

I'm vaccinated and proud, and did my patriotic duty.

Are you going to keep whining and spreading false information?

70% of undocumented immigrants have been vaccinated. Unfortunately 30% are of your mindset. There are not thousands of unvaccinated immigrants being released into our general population.
Where are you getting that number? According to your logic 1 undocumented immigrant coming across the border and released into the population. That one could kill hundreds of people.

It is funny that you mention my "mindset". Since when is being concerned about taking a treatment that is completely different than any other one I have ever taken and is approved for emergency use only a bad mindset . I guess the CDC and Fauci telling me it is safe should put my mind at ease. The same people that flip flop almost on a daily basis according to their agenda. The same people that are doing everything they can to not investigate a possible lab leak even though a lot of evidence point to it should make me feel safe. The same ones that ignore valid treatments that are available and used quite often with great results by people who actually see patients.

Do you ever find it weird that Fauci is always telling us things we should do but has never told the American people they should stay away from tobacco products even though people with lung issues are much more apt to die from Covid and other viruses like it. Have you ever heard him tell the American people to eat a healthy diet and get plenty of exercise seeing how obese people are more apt to have very bad symptoms or die from Covid? If his advice was truly about protecting the American people why has he not brought any of those things up? Why has he never talked of the importance of boosting your immune system because after all a strong immune system could save your life from Covid and other viruses? I am sure you will tell me that it is just my narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom