Apollo Model AAC240TRB Microwave/Convection Stops Operating during all cycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murphcrud

Apollo Model AAC240TRB Microwave/Convection Stops Operating during all cycles
Hi Guys,
We are having an issue with our Apollo Microwave/Convection Half Time Oven. This unit was manufactured in 2007.
It worked great for over two months this winter and then it started cutting out after q few minutes of operation. This problem exists on both Micro setting and Convection settings. When it shuts down, the Service light flashes and remains on. I have unplugged the unit several times and allowed it to rest for 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes and even over night, in an attempt to reboot it. The clock works fine as does the Time Settings buttons. I recall where someone had a fix for this problem by removing the front grille and cleaning the connections. If there is anyone out there that is familiar with this Microwave and can advise how to remove the front plastic grille or anyone with knowledge on this issue, I sure would appreciate any assistance. I know most of the owners of this unit have cursed it up and down, but it has been very reliable until now. Option #2 - If anyone out there knows of Microwave or Microwave/Convection Oven with the exact same size as this one, please advise.
Much appreciated,
Harv

Gizmo100

I found this It sounds like the process for doing a hard reset. If that doesn't work maybe some pictures of the grill would give someone a clue as to how to remove it.

Power off the unit and power on back after few minutes, while the unit is loading, Perform a hard reset. Pull the plug out of the wall power supply, and wait a moment. Plug the microwave back into the wall power supply to reset any anomalies with the microwave's memory. You will need to reset the time of day if you perform a hard reset.

Reset the time of day. Press the "Clock" button, and turn the dial to set the hours. Press the dial to enter. Follow the same procedure for the minutes and a.m. or p.m. Press the "Start" button to start the clock.
This will fix the problem.

Murphcrud

I quote
"Power off the unit and power on back after few minutes, while the unit is loading, Perform a hard reset. Pull the plug out of the wall power supply, and wait a moment. Plug the microwave back into the wall power supply to reset any anomalies with the microwave's memory. You will need to reset the time of day if you perform a hard reset."

Please reread my post.  I did this numerous times with basically the same results -  nothing new.

One thing that I forgot to mention is that the 'run time' varies before it shuts down and goes to 'service', one time it will microwave heat for 5 minutes, the next time it could be 2 minutes and another time it could be 7 seconds.
It is definitely not consistent.  My thought is that the issue is probably with the thermostat.  I think that the terminals on it could corroded, dirty or have marginal contact.  Barring that, the thermostat is completely faulty.
I think that I will order one from the Apollo parts phone number that I have in my manual.  I would just take the micro/convenc oven down from above the range in my MH, but someone told me that it is quite heavy and is a two man job.  I'll order the part and then do the takedown.  I will try my fix and failing that, I will replace the thermostat.  I will let you know how I make out with this repair.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whatthenobo
Top Bottom