Aqua/Hydro Hot retrofit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

Anyone ever look into a retrofit on one of these systems?  We have a gas coach and I know there is a Propane version, vs. the diesel version.  Would it be easier to just a buy a new coach with one, or is there anyway to add one to an existing coach.  I would think plumbing would be a major issue.

It's always easier to buy a new one that already has the system installed, but not the cheapest way to go.  I had a coach that had a propane tankless that worked pretty well. If you have a gas heater already, it wouldn't be too bad to convert. 

The Aqua Hot would require running a new diesel line from the tank, which may be a real pain.

He's got a gas coach, Marty, which is another problem. And since Aqua Hot does both hot water and furnace, it's going to require a lot more than just a new fuel line for the AH -- it needs tie-ins to the fresh water system, the heating system and, if you want the heating while rolling down the road it also needs a tie-in to the engine, and it still might require a kluge or two, not to mention that I'd hate to use gasoline in the burner (propane maybe? Still another kluge). It's probably cheaper and easier to get a coach with it already built in, which probably means going to a diesel coach.

Little more research, the propane fired tankless  looks like a better idea.  I believe that AquaHot had one for a gas coach that used propane, not gasoline.  I am searching now for tankless that is both propane and electric. 

BTW, I have a Winnebago with Mptoraid, so driving, keeps water hot in tank, but if I switched to tankless, would have to cap off that line.

Back
Top Bottom