Are People Shying Away From Rving Due to..............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gc24

High cost of gas, Rv camping prices, insurance, replacement parts, etc?

gc24 said:

I sure would like to know the answer to that question. I work part time at a dealership and, so far this year, there has been virtually no work for me. :( I have to believe the high fuel prices are scaring many away. I doubt the camping fees, etc would be enough to prevent people from buying. The past three years have been extremely busy tho last year was slower than the previous two.

I agree, and there doesn't seem to be any relief in site as far as the gas prices go.

I will give you a data point. For years I have stored in the same lot and by June the lot is only about 1/4 th full as people hit the road. The last couple of times I have been down to visit my rig I have been amazed that the lot is nearly full. So the other day I did a quick count and less than 20 percent were gone from the lot!

Bob

I disagree. Maybe people aren't buying but they sure are using. I have been on the road for almost two months. RVs everywhere and the campgrounds are packed.

On the last leg of a trip to Nova Scotia and back from Colorado - very quiet everywhere until July 4th, lots of company in the campgrounds since then but few new rigs,

Pablo

gc24 said:

I live in hope gas prices will drop, However in truth, no matter how I travel, RVing is likely to be cheaper than _____(other method of your choice)_____

Or if gas prices do not drop, at least cease to go up as fast

INsurance... I was shocked, it was cheap

Replacement parts... Sometimes it depends on where you buy them

One interesting thing.......

I have had my eye on the Coleman portable hot water thing,  It's an "instant" heater that works fairly well

Well.. I checked the price at my RV dealer.. 179.95

I recently checked the price at the Coleman OUTLET store, regular outlet price 179.95 (it was on sale 149.95, I bought it)

But turns out that putting it in an RV store did **NOT** jack the price outta sight

Business has been a tiny bit slower than last year at the campground where we workamp (Camden/Rockport Maine) but filled up as usual for a local "blues" festival this weekend. 4th of July weekend was not quite 100% full, though, which maybe says something.

I know I am glad we did not plan to travel extensively this year - only about 5000 miles.  Workamping has the advantage of keeping us in one place for about three months and the credit card bill benefits greatly from the lack of fuel consumption!

Gary:  Rockport's nice.  I spent a week in Gloucester once and drove over to Rockport one day.  Where is the campground in relation to that artsy little downtown?

--pat

Back
Top Bottom