Are we insane?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had 2-3 cats through almost all of camping experiences Ranging from pop ups to 17’ to 27’ travel trailers. For the trailers, the thing that worked best was cutting a hole in the side of the bed platform and stowing the litter boxes there. Just raise the bed up 1-2 times a day to clean. We have 2 cats now, but they are siblings and have no issue sharing a box, so we leave their litter in an otherwise unusable spot in the bedroom. They eat dry kibble and LOVE to cover up their waste most industriously, so seldom an issue with smells.
I cannot imagine sleeping and having a cat come in and do its business right under me in the middle of the night. I would think the aroma would vacate the entire trailer.

I bet the 7 of you are quite comfortable with each other. As others have said, lots of places have a 2 pet rule, so....do they really mean dogs? That would make sense.
Anyhow, we have only 1 kitty, and 1 dog. We have found our 24" high portable fence contains both nicely. We set it up as a patio with the opening under the RV blocked. Two important things here...one they are never outside without one of us, and two, the kitty doesn't know she has the technology to go over the fence.
It works for us. I hope you find the perfect solution and get to enjoy camping AND your feline family.

I cannot imagine sleeping and having a cat come in and do its business right under me in the middle of the night. I would think the aroma would vacate the entire trailer.
Each to their own, personally I’m not spending five minutes in an enclosed space with a box of cat urine and feces, clumped or not.

Last edited:
I bet the 7 of you are quite comfortable with each other. As others have said, lots of places have a 2 pet rule, so....do they really mean dogs? That would make sense.
Anyhow, we have only 1 kitty, and 1 dog. We have found our 24" high portable fence contains both nicely. We set it up as a patio with the opening under the RV blocked. Two important things here...one they are never outside without one of us, and two, the kitty doesn't know she has the technology to go over the fence.
It works for us. I hope you find the perfect solution and get to enjoy camping AND your feline family.
Thanks!

As the big question of having a litter box goes.
Our cat is trained to go to her private restroom, turn on the light and exhaust fan as needed. Ok, actually when she opens the "pet door" to her litter box located in the storage compartment, a magnet, attached to the swinging door signals a circuit to activate the light and fan for 20 minutes. All odors do go out the bottom of the RV. Often, Shadeaux the cat, will tap the door just to see the light come on..... sort of commanding "let there be light!"

Sometimes, "Boudreaux the diva dog" and Shadeaux will race around the coach until Shadeaux ducks into her restroom watching Mr. B come to a screeching halt with a look of "I ain't sticking my nose in there!"

PS. I get questions about the need for a light? Answer: She does like to read magazines while taking care of business.

Cheers
Too funny! Love it.

Back
Top Bottom