Around Baltimore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

I have to drive on a Monday morning from Annapolis, MD to New Hampshire. Regarding the route from Annapolis to the Delaware Mem Bridge, is it better to go the interstate route thru Baltimore or to go via US 301? My mapping software says thru Baltimore is faster but US 301 looks like it might be a more pleasant ride with less traffic.

P.S Not looking forward to it.Looks like the trip from hell to me.  :( :'(

You pegged it. I'm a 301 kinda person myself. Some stop and go, but a lot more peaceful. You can jump off 301 on to 300 towards Smyrna, then pick up 1 to the bridge. Or stay on 301 to Middletown and pick up 1 there. Getting through Middletown is a pain, but it's only a couple of miles. Either way, traveling that on a Monday morning, I don't envy you. I used to run from Blackbird to Edgemoor every morning and afternoon for a year. One just gets used to it.

After thinking about it I would recommend taking 300 to Smyrna. Stop at Helen's Sausage House for breakfast. Best sausage you ever had. It's the only place I can think of that l don't mind standing in line for food. It's worth it.

https://m.facebook.com/helenssausagehouse/

I was there a couple of weeks ago...

Route 301 is my preferred route, going through Middletown to pick up Route 1. The two miles of traffic through the center of Middletown is still faster than going around.

It's not a bad trip at all - take the Tappen Zee Bridge to I-684 to I-84 west to avoid I-95 and the George Washington Bridge. Be sure to wave as you pass my office on I-84 outside of Hartford!

HappyWanderer said:
I was there a couple of weeks ago...

Route 301 is my preferred route, going through Middletown to pick up Route 1. The two miles of traffic through the center of Middletown is still faster than going around.

It's not a bad trip at all - take the Tappen Zee Bridge to I-684 to I-84 west to avoid I-95 and the George Washington Bridge. Be sure to wave as you pass my office on I-84 outside of Hartford!

If you take this route, which I would recommend also, when you cross over to Ct from NY, take Exit 2 for the Ct. Welcome Center. Keep to the right to go to the parking lot for RV's and truckers behind the center. At the far end of the lot on the left, there is a great dump station there. They have a large grate in the ground. Just pull up so that your sewer outlet is over the grate and let it rip. They also have a hydrant so you can wash things down when you're done. All for free.

Thanks guys. I will take 301. Then NJ Tpke to Garden State Pkwy to Tappan Zee to Merritt Pkwy to I-91. I will be driving our car and not the RV. This route should hopefully be more pleasant and avoid most of the truck routes.

You all realize there is no more Tappan Zee bridge it is now "officially named the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge after former New York Governor Mario Cuomo, is a twin cable-stayed bridge being built to replace the original Tappan Zee Bridge over New York's Hudson River. The new twin spans will be located to the north of?and roughly parallel to?the existing Tappan Zee Bridge, crossing the Hudson River in a parallel east?west direction."

So you can take a ride over Cuomo

darsben said:
You all realize there is no more Tappan Zee bridge it is now "officially named the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge after former New York Governor Mario Cuomo, is a twin cable-stayed bridge being built to replace the original Tappan Zee Bridge over New York's Hudson River. The new twin spans will be located to the north of?and roughly parallel to?the existing Tappan Zee Bridge, crossing the Hudson River in a parallel east?west direction."

So you can take a ride over Cuomo

Are they done now?
What are they going to do with the old bridge?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom