Attempted murder at California campground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Banning doesn't nuke things disappear. When it comes to guns, banning means only criminals have guns.

-Don- Cisco Grove, CA (traffic is a big delay here because of road construction)
They banned assault weapons in Australia almost 30 years ago, they must be keeping that criminals with assault weapons rampage on the down low. Automatic weapons, anti-tank weapons and claymore mines are prohibited here. Any reports of criminals running amok with those?

Indiana has 3 requirements to purchase a firearm; #1 have the money, #2 pass a background check via the BATF, #3 be 21 yrs old and able to sign your name.
I could likely take another trip to Alaska had I not spent the money on ammunition for practicing.

A buddy had bumper stickers printed up saying,
"Want more gun control? Practice daily."
That's because Indiana is a dictatorship, where you have no liberty and don't abide by the constipation. In Texas, you only have to be 18, no background check and if you can make an X verifying that you have never read a non fiction book and never intend to, here's your AR-15 assault weapon, 1000 rds of ammunition, bump stock, and 10 large 100 rd capacity magazines ( so you can hunt varmits).

When I first lived in NJ , except for the corn and tomatoes it's a hole in the world , but I grew up in Philly and South Jersey. Was in alot of fights, I liked it because I was good and could take anyone or anyones on the more the better. I'm older now and had a couple of nasty accidents so my body is detereating ( please excuse any bad spelling ) but even after being in trouble I would be in trouble again because the past was brought up. After one time the judge was so angry he took away my chance to ever hunt with my pop and grandfather, told me if I was even caught with a bat and it didn't have an official ball and glove , a knife of any kind , you name it he'd put me away for life. All this from defending myself at Abarth I bounced at. I had to move back to Texas to get a gun. But even a knife through the mall you could kill more than an automatic weapon or a the beloved Corvette. Guns should never be an issue of taking them from anyone. Don't get me wrong , there should be tite rules but ones that are followed in each state and are the same
But we shouldn't be idiots about it, they are our rite. And unfortunately anyone can still get a gun , it's not hard. And our world is full of idiots and our system will keep letting them out. Instead of dealing with these out of control dopes the rite way, we just house them till they escape or probation screws up.
OK hope I didn't miss read anything orget anyone to excited. Have A HAPPY Guys

A lot of people would say that you are wrong. I guess you think it is OK to stomp on the rights of law-abiding citizens based on your feelings.

FWIW how do you suppose they should go about doing this?
That's typically the way some sees it.

Edited to not deride anyone political persuasion.

Last edited:
Not sure where you've been but the down the hole arguement on here was if you're proposing banning assault weapons only because they're capable of firing up to 180 rds per minute and are the weapon of choice for killing elementary school children, you could make the case that Corvettes are dangerous as well and should be banned, ie., an argument ignorantium ( appeal to ignorance).
What's a 'hole arguement (sic)?' Regardless, the example was based on a logic point illustrating that anything can be used as a weapon to kill individuals or multiples. The specific functionality of the item is moot because items can be used for multiple purposes with resultant outcomes. The fallacy of informal illogic (argument ingorantium) fails because there have been instances where automobiles used to kill multiples of individuals. And guns used for sporting purposes.

That's because Indiana is a dictatorship, where you have no liberty and don't abide by the constipation. In Texas, you only have to be 18, no background check and if you can make an X verifying that you have never read a non fiction book and never intend to, here's your AR-15 assault weapon, 1000 rds of ammunition, bump stock, and 10 large 100 rd capacity magazines ( so you can hunt varmits).
Again, the left insults their fellow citizens. If you don't like the law work to change it. Why insult those who follow the law?

Edit for clarification: Indiana is not a dictatorship. It is a free state and was admitted to the Union Dec 12 1816.

Last edited:
Wow, you're willing to stomp on numerous constitutional rights just because you're uncomfortable with the way others exercise theirs. You served in a different military and took a different oath than I did.

He probably didn't take a different oath or serve in a different military. The right is so anti-freedom and willing to crush constitutional rights that it's disgusting. I mean, look how Bump Stocks were banned. Through executive order. Dictator, much?

Ain't anybody firing 180 rds a minute from any handgun, and if there were such a thing, you're mighty right they should be prohibited. If you want to carry a real army gun and be a real army man, stop the sniveling, go join the Army and be one. Basic training may make you cry, but it may help you grow a set. When you get out leave the weapon there, where it belongs.
That's 3 rounds a second. I can empty the 15-round magazine in my Px4 in 3 seconds. I know, I timed it once. Assuming I could find a large enough magazine, and assuming my finger didn't wear out, that means I could sustain a rate of fire of 300-rounds a minute. No one can acquire a target in the short amount of time and hit anything on purpose, but if we're just speaking of raining lead pellets down on a crowd it doesn't matter.

He probably didn't take a different oath or serve in a different military. The right is so anti-freedom and willing to crush constitutional rights that it's disgusting. I mean, look how Bump Stocks were banned. Through executive order. Dictator, much?
And those of us paying attention at the time knew it was unconstitutional and would eventually make its way to the SCOTUS. Last week's decision to overturn that EO was no surprise to many of us.

My personal opinion is that Trump banned bump stocks not so much for potential misuse or functionality but in some way to appease the anti-gun rights folks. Didn't seem to work.

If an Executive Order by Trump makes him a dictator, does an Executive Order by Biden make him a dictator?

And those of us paying attention at the time knew it was unconstitutional and would eventually make its way to the SCOTUS. Last week's decision to overturn that EO was no surprise to many of us.

And banning abortions, and trying to ban gay marriage, and banning voting rights and disenfranchising voters. But nobody ever used their guns against "tyranny" in any of those cases, so what the hell. Just wad up the 2A because it sure looks worthless.. and people are using it to hunt innocent people and wild hogs.

Absolutely ridiculous. And folks in here are like omg, the government won't let me collect a machine gun 🥴 my rites shall not be unfringed!!

And banning abortions, and trying to ban gay marriage, and banning voting rights and disenfranchising voters. But nobody ever used their guns against "tyranny" in any of those cases, so what the hell. Just wad up the 2A because it sure looks worthless.. and people are using it to hunt innocent people and wild hogs.

Abortions aren't banned. The right was returned to the States disposition. Same with gay marriage. And no voters have been disenfranchised. If anything folks without a legal right to vote have been voting in recent elections. Even dead people.

It’s like arguing with the previous POTUS supporters.

Absolutely ridiculous. And folks in here are like omg, the government won't let me collect a machine gun 🥴 my rites shall not be unfringed!!
What are you talking about?

Fifteen states have laws that generally prohibit the possession, manufacture or sale of all machine guns, including machine guns that are possessed, manufactured, or sold in compliance with federal law, according to Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

In 1986, Reagan signed the Firearm Owners’ Protection Act, which barred the private sale and ownership of any fully automatic rifles -— machine guns -— that were not already registered with the federal government the day Reagan signed the law.

Residents remain free to buy and transfer machine guns that were registered before May 20, 1986; however, they must meet the requirements of the 1934 National Firearms Act. That law states that to lawfully possess an automatic firearm, someone must register with the ATF, which requires fingerprinting, photo submission, a $200 tax stamp, notification of their chief law enforcement officer and additional background checks.

No "folks in here..." have done anything like you characterize. Have you been drinking?? (OK, so that was a joke... sorry.)

Again an insult towards those that don't have your particular political persuasion. It's clear what you mean. Why do you attack the individual if you can't make a point on content?

Stop being a jerk and move on. How many political insults have you cast in the last day alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
afshan
Back
Top Bottom