Attending a 3 day rally at Tahquamenon Falls SP in Michigan.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Had 5 inches of fresh snow this morning. Beautiful !! High 20's in the afternoon and high teens to low 20's over night. Good to get outside.

Attachments

• IMG-4850.JPG
    IMG-4850.JPG
    471.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-4853.JPG
    IMG-4853.JPG
    405.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-4858.JPG
    IMG-4858.JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-4862.JPG
    IMG-4862.JPG
    455.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-4865.JPG
    IMG-4865.JPG
    372.4 KB · Views: 11
Beautiful yes. But when we were there in June it was God Forsaken Country. The mosquitos would eat you alive. Couldn’t enjoy a campfire or a BBQ.

Had 5 inches of fresh snow this morning. Beautiful !! High 20's in the afternoon and high teens to low 20's over night. Good to get outside.
Very nice indeed. Was there in September doing the whole circle tour. We are in Florida now for the winter as I write this.

Beautiful yes. But when we were there in June it was God Forsaken Country. The mosquitos would eat you alive. Couldn’t enjoy a campfire or a BBQ.

A flamethrower is the best defense, otherwise,...

"The EPA offers these tips to prevent mosquito bites. (none of which works)...

Keep mosquitoes away from exposed skin by wearing long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and socks.
Tuck shirts into pants and pants into socks to cover gaps in your clothing where mosquitoes can get to your skin.
Stay indoors when possible, especially if there is a mosquito-borne disease warning in effect.
Use approve mosquito repellents and follow label directions and precautions closely.
Use head nets, long sleeves, and long pants if you venture into areas with high mosquito populations."

Last edited:

I'm not sure when I was there other than summer (School was out) and the black flies were nasty but I was not bothered by the Michigan Air force (Mosquitos) so much.
One ham radio club.. years ago.. Decided to do a "mini-dxpedition" (The kind where you can drive home for dinner) the vote was divided. and when the chair ask "Where shall we go" from the back came "Ah Why Don't You Go to _____" (you know the rest" Well that town's in the Pinckney Recreation Area about an hour S.W. of me. (Bit less in fact) so they did. Had a devil of a time.. But for the next year they wanted to do something different... In all of North America there is not now, nor has there ever been, a town named "Heaven" .. But Paradise is just a few miles east of Tahquamenon Falls.

Each of those nasty bugs seem to have a “season”. The locals said most of the mosquitoes would be gone in a few weeks but the dear flies would take over.

Been there a few times in the summer months, absolutely gorgeous park. We rented a boat and rowed out to the island. Also went to the Shipwreck Museum.

I believe that SMR was referring to Tahquamenon Falls SP. The park is about 25 miles from Whitefish Point, home of the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum. It is a great addition to the trip.

Reactions: SMR
A flamethrower is the best defense, otherwise,...

"The EPA offers these tips to prevent mosquito bites. (none of which works)...

Keep mosquitoes away from exposed skin by wearing long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and socks.
Tuck shirts into pants and pants into socks to cover gaps in your clothing where mosquitoes can get to your skin.
Stay indoors when possible, especially if there is a mosquito-borne disease warning in effect.
Use approve mosquito repellents and follow label directions and precautions closely.
Use head nets, long sleeves, and long pants if you venture into areas with high mosquito populations."

That does rather put the idea of an evening campfire off the agenda though.

I sure was, what a great trip that was too. We went the first time in 2012 and again in 2018.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom