ATV trails and RV camping near Sedona, AZ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was in Sedona last year and went up Schnebly Hill Rd. to the end where it becomes dirt.  the signs clearly states it is a 4x4 road only.  12 miles of rough road.

but there should be tons of places to boondock.  even outside of Sedona into Cottonwood and Cornville are nice...and probably cheaper.

I spent some time a while back looking into this very question about boon docking places in that area for a future trip
I was checking some sites such as freecampsites and allstays
Pretty much didn't find anything conclusive, a lot of warnings just as this thread has done, about these roads being marginal at best for an RV.  I'd really love to find some options too.

EdS said:
Not to argue.. but Schenbly hill road is not passable to any RV period (my opinion). Its strictly jeep rated... We took out a ram 2500 power wagon with lift & 35" and it was challenging. An RV would bottom out before you went down the first hill after it turns to dirt/stone... again, not trying to argue, but I would never even try that.
Here is my view from a trip in 2016

We had a rental SUV and bottomed out coming down towards Sedona going over a big step, almost took the bumper off. No danger of taking an RV that way.

The other direction (from the 17 side) was fine up to the overlook but you can't continue down to town from there.. .

Here is a short video from last year which I think shows the bit we had trouble with.

https://youtu.be/2PH6EibVff4

I know this is an old thread, but Polaris has a free app called "Command" , or maybe it's "Ride Command" available for both Android and Apple. I've been using it to find a lot of ATV trails. Once downloaded, you don't need cell service and the GPS function shows your current location on the trail.

I use that APP for my ATVing, along with a few others. You can record a track, upload it when able and then access it or share it with others. I have many miles of off-road trails recorded around my home area in northern NY. We have a small group that rides once or twice a week, when at home.

Back
Top Bottom