Atwood electric camper jack replacement (need an old school tech)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atomant

I had my huge Lance camper tip over and damage a jack. I had a machineshop straighten it but it no longer retracts fully.
I found some used ones but too far away for me to go look. They came off a popup camper. They have there own up and down switches and mine uses a remote control. Are those jacks all the same weight capacity? Theres no part number on them and nobody seems to know.
Maybe someone here is an expert? I know that tongue jacks look similar but can have different weight capacitys. I dont want to buy a whole set of new ones if i can find a servicable used. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230227-053057.jpg
    Screenshot_20230227-053057.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210525_102002.jpg
    20210525_102002.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210602_105822.jpg
    20210602_105822.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 2
Are those jacks all the same weight capacity?
Unlikely. Each brand and maybe even each model within the brand would have their own specs. There is a wide range of truck camper sizes/weights, so a range of jacks for supporting them. Looking at truck camper jacks on etrailer.com, I see capacities ranging from as little as 2000 lbs to those of 10,000 or more (per set). You should learn the weight of your camper and calculate how much weight each jack has to carry (allow for some extra!) and make sure the brand you buy is sufficient.

Have you looked to see if new replacement jacks are available for your system?

Last edited:
Unlikely. Each brand and maybe even each model within the brand would have their own specs. There is a wide range of truck camper sizes/weights, so likely a range of jacks for supporting them.
Thanks. They look identical to mine except the Rocker switches? What makes them different weight capacity? The internal screw mechanism?

Thanks. They look identical to mine except the Rocker switches? What makes them different weight capacity? The internal screw mechanism?
The strength of the components, e.g. the screw or hydraulic ram, the physical attachment to the camper, and the "foot" on the ground that supports the weight.

The jacks have the same heavy duty bevel gear reduction gearing and heavy duty motor assembly so other than not having the weld on brackets I assume they are the same guts as mine.

It appears Atwood made a hd and standard duty version of there electric ball jack and they are not interchangeable. The ones I am looking at appear to be the standard load so not compatible. Too bad the didn't stamp model information or place a permanent tag to identify the model.
Maybe they got sued and that's why there out of business.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230301-000619_Samsung Notes.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230301-000619_Samsung Notes.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Jack - Atwood Camper (1).pdf
    172.7 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member