Automatic Satellite Internet Systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SeilerBird said:
Wow, $5000 set up fee, $20 a gig, a two year contract. What is not to like. ::)

To be fair, you can also get 300GB for $589.99!!  ;D :D

Hi dear all,
i would like to ask you one issue as need to know the same as on urgent basis!

please clarify me on mobile satellite TV.

Thanks in advance and awaiting for an early response. 

Jennifer Sidel said:
Hi dear all,
i would like to ask you one issue as need to know the same as on urgent basis!

Thanks in advance and awaiting for an early response.

Before anyone can give you a specific answer the first question is, what is your location? Are you in the US? In the US your have a voice of Dish network or DirecTV. Then a choice of dish style: tripod automatic, tripod manual, roof mount automatic, roof mount manual, and roof mount in-motion.

And keep in mind that this is not the same as the satellite internet that the OP asked about.

It might also help if you would indicate what you have for an RV. Of course choosing between (assuming the U.S.) Dish and DirecTV is a purely personal choice, but the other items mentioned by Scott are dependent partly on personal choice, but also partly on what kind of RV you have. Another choice is between a dome-type or purely a dish-type antenna.

More specific questions might get better answers for you. But you can also do a search to find the many discussions of this subject, too.

SeilerBird said:
Wow, $5000 set up fee, $20 a gig, a two year contract. What is not to like. ::)

crazy retarded pricing...

these guys will have a rude awakening when the low orbit systems come online..
they will have no choice but to compete or go out of business

I'm not sure that LEOS will make a lot of difference. Much of the extra cost is creating the individual broadcast stations on the earthside, coupled with the relatively low volume of users.  LEOS will surely help, but I'm not sure it's a game-changer.  We will just have to wait and see...

solarman said:
crazy retarded pricing...

these guys will have a rude awakening when the low orbit systems come online..
they will have no choice but to compete or go out of business

Right. Just like when TV was invented and all the radios disappeared.

Globalstar, Telstat & Iridium all lost billions betting on the game-changer effect for the last go-around.  Both satellite and access costs have come down down a lot, but still well short of "cheap".  If they can crack the price point that will allow a few million rural customers to get decent internet and streaming tv, it will revolutionize consumer-level communications. If not, it's going to be another business-use only system.
https://www.satelliteinternet.com/resources/history-and-future-of-satellite-internet/

True, but all the new low earth orbit systems intend to be competitive against cell phone data rates, which are themselves dropping.    The first of these systems should be going online in the next 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom