Auxiliary LP Tanks on a MoterHome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raceman3

I'm new here so if I shoudl be asking this in the moterhome forum forgive me.  I have a 92 TravelCraft that has the LP tanks mounted permantly underneath.  There is a door on the side with the fill connector, fill guage, and the on/off valve.  My question is whether there is a way to hook up and auxiliary 30 pound tank so when the primary runs out I don't have to break camp and run to the fill station

raceman3 said:
I'm new here so if I shoudl be asking this in the moterhome forum forgive me.? I have a 92 TravelCraft that has the LP tanks mounted permantly underneath.? There is a door on the side with the fill connector, fill guage, and the on/off valve.? My question is whether there is a way to hook up and auxiliary 30 pound tank so when the primary runs out I don't have to break camp and run to the fill station

Here is a CW ad for the connector you are looking for. It is attached just ahead of the outlet from your current tank -- and can be used to add a second temp tank or to connect another applicance. These are sold at most any RV dealership. Camping World calls it a Stay Awhile connector.

Let me recommend you get the Extend a Stay kit instead of the Stay a While tee. The kit comes with both the hoses needed to  attach to an aux tank and appliances such as a BBQ grill.

I bought a Stay a While tee and had a heck of a time finding the proper hoses. I tried Camping World in a couple of locations and several RV stores with no luck.  I couldn't believe Camping World would sell the Tee and not the hoses, but at that time (one year ago) they didn't.

l finally emailed or called the company (can't remember which) that makes them and got the part number for the hose that goes to the aux tank and bought it from them. Note that it has a check valve in the aux tank end of the hose.
I picked up the hose that goes from the tee to a BBQ grill in Quartzite

In any case, the cost for the kit with the hoses was less than buying the tee alone and then buying the hoses.

I went with the Marshall Brass "Extend-a-stay" and have used it both ways,  I had the "Extend-a-flow" on my last trailer (and the one before it) and used it often too..  It was one of the very first things I bought for my Class A, in fact I think I bought it on the day I picked up the rig!... I'm sold on those.

One comment about the Extend-a-stay  It has all sorts of safety features,  Check valves and "high rate cutoff" valves, these are valves that, should the rig blow a line, will snap closed and shut off the gas flow.  Some rigs (If you have enough gas lines) will trip this valve when you open the main tank.. If that happens... Just be patient and in 10 minutes or so it will work.  Next time open the valve VERY SLOWLY till pressure comes up (you will hear it)

Thanks for the information guys.  The RV is doubling as Deer Camp this year and I really didn't want to pack it up every time we needed LP

Depending on where I'm going  I always carry at least 2 and sometimes 3 extra tanks with me.  Propane sometimes doesn't last too long in Jan in N. INdiana over New Years. 

Gee,,,,, I wonder why it doesn't (Actually, being as I'm in Detroit as I type this.... I don't wonder a bit)

Hey, you got some beautiful places in northern IN don't you know

We  usually ended up at the BMX Bicycle track in Hobart cause NY Eve was the 1st race of the year in the Nation  for Future Pros    Granson and Grandau Both won the men and womens race in Jon 1 05.  Since she has turned pro and among the top 15 gals in the country and the Boy just signed on with Socko Drinks  the same day Hulk Hogan the Wrestle signed on .  They will sponsor the GSon.  Happy as all get out for both of them.They had both been sponsored by CMC of Austin Tx.  This Thanksgiving will both race in Tulsa  Hope they do good and don't get hurt which happens often in this sport.  It's quite rough.  And yes,  Good places in Northern IN, N. ILL, and in Mich.  We go to Holland to the Tulip festival in May quite often and up to Muskegon quite a bit  along with other places.  Try to stay away from Detroit area except to see realtives in Garden City. Also love the Dunes in both IN and Mich.

Went to the Holland Tulip festival this year... Rained all week, came home early but still had a good time (ok, one day it did not rain)

Yes we do have some nice areas (Been to the dunes a few times too)

JOhn  Wifes  Aunt lives in Muskegon  That's how we got started going up there.  Later when  two oldest Gr kids bewcame 7 and 8  We took them after they heard about the place.  From then on they looked forward to it every year.  They loved the Swiss Village.  Wife did too  loaded us up on dishes  LOL  When the weather is right ,  It's one beautiful week.  We enjoyed Zeeland also.  Tulips happen to be our favorite but (sob) we don't have them in AZ

Regarding tulips in AZ.

I remember an old story on Ham Radio,  I don't know if it was AZ or one of the neighboring states but there was a YL or XYL (Young lady, or married lady) who had a modest ham station, She was making contacts all over the world in the dry season,  Many of the other hams around here were running "Full gallons" (Maximum allowable power) and could hardly call out of town.

Finally one of the OM's (Old men, of course in ham radio if you are 8 or 108, and a licensed ham, and male you are an OM, just like a single female in her 90's would be a YL) ask her how she was able to score all these contacts.

Her reply was classic:
"I read where you should plant your ground rods in permanently moist soil.  So I put them in the flower bed and water them every day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom