Awesome label making machine for my RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I bought an expensive label maker for my RV a few years ago and I am amazed at how many uses I have found for it in my RV. I label all my power cords and signal wires at both ends. I labeled my light switches and my files.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002M7W9GW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Of course it would be handy in a s/b too.

Attachments

• Label 1.jpg
    Label 1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 89
  • label 2.jpg
    label 2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 85
  • label 3.jpg
    label 3.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 85
  • label 4.jpg
    label 4.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 91

kdbgoat

I have an "antique" P-Touch at home and a newer one at work. I agree, they are really handy. I still have an old Dymo label maker too, nice one with case and interchangeable font disks. Anybody want it?

Larry N.

They are definitely handy. I've had one for years (a Casio) and, though I don't use it daily, it finds periodic uses from light switches and tool boxes to wire labels. And for some things I really like the tape that has black (or white) letters on a clear background. The white (or yellow) background is handy for other things.

NY_Dutch

Hmmmm, why does labeling the factory labeled water heater switch "Water Heater" remind me of Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory labeling his label maker "Label Maker"? ;)

Back2PA

I have one too, and agree they can be useful. Dutch beat me to it - seriously Tom, were you confused about the purpose of this switch?? ;) ;D

Attachments

• 082AE4B1-AA15-4C92-9B2A-10058E9F3B36.jpeg
    082AE4B1-AA15-4C92-9B2A-10058E9F3B36.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 43

Back2PA

You forgot a couple..... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• on.jpg
    on.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 58

SeilerBird

Sun2Retire said:
I have one too, and agree they can be useful. Dutch beat me to it - seriously Tom, were you confused about the purpose of this switch?? ;) ;D
No, I have double vision. :eek: Just be glad I didn't label it hot water heater. 8)

HappyWanderer

Probably the single most important labels would be on each outlet, noting its circuit breaker.

Better to identify them before any problems occur, and this should also keep you from plugging the coffee pot into the same circuit as the toaster.

KandT

Admittedly I only know SeilerBird through this forum but holy cats and knock me over with a feather. 

You are the LAST person I would have guessed would have a label maker.

Did you go far as to label your steering wheel and tires?  I can see it now - A different label for the tire and the rim.  A teeny tiny one for the valve and a microscopic one for the valve stem.  Maybe a This Side Up" label?

;) ;)

Now is it possible that some Russian hacker logged in as SeilerBird and posted about a label maker?

SeilerBird

KandT said:
Admittedly I only know SeilerBird through this forum but holy cats and knock me over with a feather. 

Did you go far as to label your steering wheel and tires?  I can see it now - A different label for the tire and the rim.  A teeny tiny one for the valve and a microscopic one for the valve stem.  Maybe a This Side Up" label?

;) ;)

Now is it possible that some Russian hacker logged in as SeilerBird and posted about a label maker?
Nope, it is really me, hackers can't get to me, I use a Chromebook. I have been a label maker all my life. My first actual paying job was as a silk screener.  :eek:

John From Detroit

I have been using various P-Touch label makers for over 20 years.

Daymo also makes one like that now, Not just the embossed tape job.

Some of the better P-Touch will take USB in from a computer program and you can mix fonts and add simple graphics (One color) and more.  Very neat devices.. I"m on my 3rd one.

grashley

KandT said:

;) ;)

My initial thoughts, too!  ;D

John From Detroit

I use mine to label lots of stuff.
Brother (Always at your side. if you don't beleive me make it print out the test tape)
makes a lot of different labels. One is specifically designed for labeling cables (Coax. Power. Et-al) it is very very flexible

I label frozen food

Since I have no use for the Web cam on this chrome book if you want to hack in and use the web cam you will have a lovely view of the backside (Sticky side) of a P-touch lable. the lable identifies the computer as MINE.

Address labels for mailing. some times I use teh P-Touch

Containers of ... Stuff 

Dividers in my Choir folder

I may even make new key-tops for this chrome book as some of 'em are wore off.

blw2

a long time ago, a friend told me a funny prank story

He worked in sort of a big office area shared by several people like maybe 4 or so as I recall.  Well one of the guys had a label maker like that I liked to use it. Let's just say his name was Bob....(I have no idea what it was)

Well, when Bob came back from vacation he found his stuff labeled.... as in like everything.
Bob's chair, Bob's phone, Bob's stapler, Bob's pencil, Bob's paper clip, ......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeInPI
Top Bottom