Awesome label making machine for my RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I bought an expensive label maker for my RV a few years ago and I am amazed at how many uses I have found for it in my RV. I label all my power cords and signal wires at both ends. I labeled my light switches and my files.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002M7W9GW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Of course it would be handy in a s/b too.

Attachments

• Label 1.jpg
    Label 1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 111
  • label 2.jpg
    label 2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 106
  • label 3.jpg
    label 3.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 107
  • label 4.jpg
    label 4.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 111
I have an "antique" P-Touch at home and a newer one at work. I agree, they are really handy. I still have an old Dymo label maker too, nice one with case and interchangeable font disks. Anybody want it?

They are definitely handy. I've had one for years (a Casio) and, though I don't use it daily, it finds periodic uses from light switches and tool boxes to wire labels. And for some things I really like the tape that has black (or white) letters on a clear background. The white (or yellow) background is handy for other things.

I have one too, and agree they can be useful. Dutch beat me to it - seriously Tom, were you confused about the purpose of this switch?? ;) ;D

Attachments

• 082AE4B1-AA15-4C92-9B2A-10058E9F3B36.jpeg
    082AE4B1-AA15-4C92-9B2A-10058E9F3B36.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 46
You forgot a couple..... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• on.jpg
    on.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 60
Sun2Retire said:
I have one too, and agree they can be useful. Dutch beat me to it - seriously Tom, were you confused about the purpose of this switch?? ;) ;D
No, I have double vision. :eek: Just be glad I didn't label it hot water heater. 8)

Probably the single most important labels would be on each outlet, noting its circuit breaker.

Better to identify them before any problems occur, and this should also keep you from plugging the coffee pot into the same circuit as the toaster.

Admittedly I only know SeilerBird through this forum but holy cats and knock me over with a feather. 

You are the LAST person I would have guessed would have a label maker.

Did you go far as to label your steering wheel and tires?  I can see it now - A different label for the tire and the rim.  A teeny tiny one for the valve and a microscopic one for the valve stem.  Maybe a This Side Up" label?

;) ;)

Now is it possible that some Russian hacker logged in as SeilerBird and posted about a label maker?

KandT said:
Admittedly I only know SeilerBird through this forum but holy cats and knock me over with a feather. 

Did you go far as to label your steering wheel and tires?  I can see it now - A different label for the tire and the rim.  A teeny tiny one for the valve and a microscopic one for the valve stem.  Maybe a This Side Up" label?

;) ;)

Now is it possible that some Russian hacker logged in as SeilerBird and posted about a label maker?
Nope, it is really me, hackers can't get to me, I use a Chromebook. I have been a label maker all my life. My first actual paying job was as a silk screener.  :eek:

I have been using various P-Touch label makers for over 20 years.

Daymo also makes one like that now, Not just the embossed tape job.

Some of the better P-Touch will take USB in from a computer program and you can mix fonts and add simple graphics (One color) and more.  Very neat devices.. I"m on my 3rd one.

KandT said:

;) ;)

My initial thoughts, too!  ;D

I use mine to label lots of stuff.
Brother (Always at your side. if you don't beleive me make it print out the test tape)
makes a lot of different labels. One is specifically designed for labeling cables (Coax. Power. Et-al) it is very very flexible

I label frozen food

Since I have no use for the Web cam on this chrome book if you want to hack in and use the web cam you will have a lovely view of the backside (Sticky side) of a P-touch lable. the lable identifies the computer as MINE.

Address labels for mailing. some times I use teh P-Touch

Containers of ... Stuff 

Dividers in my Choir folder

I may even make new key-tops for this chrome book as some of 'em are wore off.

a long time ago, a friend told me a funny prank story

He worked in sort of a big office area shared by several people like maybe 4 or so as I recall.  Well one of the guys had a label maker like that I liked to use it. Let's just say his name was Bob....(I have no idea what it was)

Well, when Bob came back from vacation he found his stuff labeled.... as in like everything.
Bob's chair, Bob's phone, Bob's stapler, Bob's pencil, Bob's paper clip, ......

The one that I have used for the boat work for years is a 2730. I have a bin of tapes for it for width and colors, but the real selling point to me was that it will take input from my laptop so I can match the font of the other labels there and even print little (based on the tape width) pictures.
If it kills the batteries when sitting unused, just take a clip of the tape and stuff it into one of the battery connections.
Matt

Well my old label maker finally got to the point where I needed to buy more tape but I threw caution to the wind and bought a whole brand new label maker that has many features my old one didn't have. It takes different size tape. many different fonts and features. i really like the one touch time and date printer.

It was almost as cheap as buying new label tape.View attachment 156081
Looks like quite an improvement from several Brother label makers I own.

I have three that use the Tz tapes up to an inch wide. One is a keyboard type (PT-1750) with a small display, that I don't think I have ever used. It was in a special package with another, a USB model (PT-1500PC) that connects to the computer and uses a power brick and software in the computer. I use it the most.

Later I bought another USB connected version (PT-2430PC) that has a power supply brick but also can hold 6 AA batteries for true portability. This will work with the software, but has its own built in, abet, limited software, so it will work on a computer that does not have the software installed. I don't use it much.

I have labeled circuit breakers and receptacles and switches in the shop, which helps a lot.

I also have used it for other creative labeling projects. My trailer had switches on the stove hood for the light, fan, generator, and LP portion of the water heater, plus the fault light, but Bigfoot decided to put the switch for the electric of the water heater on the top surface of a storage area behind a dinette seat, where it could accidentally get switched on easily (this is an Atwood WH so all of the control switches are 12v) I removed a bunch of the drawers and cabinet interior panels and routed an additional wire in the harness and put the electric WH switch in the stove hood too. I had to use a gloss clear tape, they make matte finish clear but not in one inch or less wide. It took some experimenting to get the correct font and font size.

My motor home had the typical switch for the steps, to keep them deployed no matter whether the door was open or closed, so I made a label to explain that. Then I realized I needed the error codes for the Progressive EMS right at hand so I made a label to explain them.

In my shop I have a row of light switches and then a row that is heater, and fan controls. All of which can become very confusing if you dont know what is what. I have used clip art in several places. Almost any picture can be incorporated but the smaller to start with the better it comes out.

Useful guides to all available Tz tapes
Brother P-touch TZe Tapes Size and Color Guide for P-touch Printers
Brother Specialty TZe Tape Color Guide for P-touch Printers
Brother Extra Strength Adhesive P-touch Tape Color Guide

Attachments

• wtr htr sw move final result.jpg
    wtr htr sw move final result.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Step control switch.jpg
    Step control switch.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 7
  • EMS HW30 remote installation.jpg