Awning Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom Hoffman

3 Weeks ago, a high wind and hard rain came through our campground in Lugoff SC,  It was late at night and I was alone and could not get the awning down and rolled back up alone. 

The right side rafter brace was broken and the fabric was ripped a couple of feet up next to the top.  I turned it in to my insurance back in Iowa and had a settlement check in about 7 days.

I got two bids one from a Mobile RV Marine Repair man and the other was from Camper World.  I had gone in and Camper Wprld had given me two references for mobile repair services.  I priced parts etc and thought about doing it myself.  After a week or so, I got a call from a Camper World Rep in Alabama who went to work and really tightened up their initial quote and  went with it and the men came today and installed it in about an hour.  I had to pay trip charge etc, but all in all it was a very pleasant experience.

I will say this.  I was surprised that Camper World did follow up.  Very few retailers go to that much trouble.

Cheers,

Tom...

Back
Top Bottom