Axle Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the OP left the building almost a year ago.
I'm sure he fixed his suspension issues and moved on.

Back on subject. Taking it to a truck stop that checks and corrects trailer axel alignment, on big rigs all the way down to camper trailers.

Gary, yes it’s wearing the tires on the outside, rear axel the worst, both sides. I have nothing strapped beneath the unit or any storage compartment or box in the rear. But thanks for the help.

Hey it’s a forum for heavens sake!! First it was weight police now it’s etiquette enforcers!
I, nor anyone else is "enforcing' anything. We are all just making polite suggestions for next time. There are quite a few people who are daily (or nearly so) regulars on here, who love to help people. I love to work thru a problem and hopefully point someone in the right direction. People don't know where to find manuals or parts catalogs or other information on their RV's, nor what kind of shop to go to for a problem (rarely a RV dealer shop) and everyone on here has different areas of expertise and experiences.

No one is policing anyone, we want "Just the facts ma'am" as Sgt Friday used to say. The more information up front, the better the help from the beginning.............

RV brand, year and model (exact model) leaf spring straight axles? Torsion axles? Tire size? brand of water heater, furnace, stove (whatever is being discussed)........ well anyway, you get the picture. It eliminates guessing games.

Jumping into an old thread causes the reader to get a certain mind set as they read thru it, then suddenly they are asked to shift gears, which is about the time they realize the thread is old. I discovered this when I reached post #10 and saw it was my post and realized what had happened.

Sadly things went sideways in posts #16-18 or so and on forums, not being face to face, it's very difficult to determine a persons demeanor or intentions, attitude or anything else about them. English is a difficult language as the same word is used several different ways, and it takes someone speaking to provide inflection that tells the listener how to respond. We don't have that luxury on a discussion forum............ sometimes

tenor.gif

is the best course of action...............

Please understand, if you have read to this point, I am not trying to be critical of anyone, just trying to help everyone have a good day. Tomorrow is here now, guess I will head off to bed..........

Charles

Back on subject. Taking it to a truck stop that checks and corrects trailer axel alignment, on big rigs all the way down to camper trailers.

Gary, yes it’s wearing the tires on the outside, rear axel the worst, both sides. I have nothing strapped beneath the unit or any storage compartment or box in the rear. But thanks for the help.
We are very much interested in how you make out with the truck stop. This will help future members either their tire/axle issues.

Screw this joint, admin remove me from this forum or trust me, I will force the issue!
Every member here are just trying to help you whether you believe it or not. In order to do that we need to get all the information possible in order to do that. So we don’t get confused with another posters problems, all we are asking is for everyone to start out problem solving in the right direction.That’s all. Please don’t take offense and think twice about leaving this great forum

Every member here are just trying to help you whether you believe it or not. In order to do that we need to get all the information possible in order to do that. So we don’t get confused with another posters problems, all we are asking is for everyone to start out problem solving in the right direction.That’s all. Please don’t take offense and think twice about leaving this great forum
I UNDERSTAND ALL THAT BUT SIMPLY BECAUSE I MADE THE ERROR OF POSTING ON AN OLD THREAD YOU'D THINK I'D COMMITTED THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN!! I mean make a friendly comment, something to ythe affect "you may have better luck starting a new thread" something like that. I HAVE asked questions before only to get the reply "This has been discussed to great length before"! I have also helped others many times. Hell they even bitched about a stupid avatar. You and many others have always been great and I thank you. But here we are SYTILL posting on an old thread!! I'm done. I'll send you PM with my phone # if you wish to ever contact me.

I UNDERSTAND ALL THAT BUT SIMPLY BECAUSE I MADE THE ERROR OF POSTING ON AN OLD THREAD YOU'D THINK I'D COMMITTED THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN!! I mean make a friendly comment, something to ythe affect "you may have better luck starting a new thread" something like that. I HAVE asked questions before only to get the reply "This has been discussed to great length before"! I have also helped others many times. Hell they even bitched about a stupid avatar. You and many others have always been great and I thank you. But here we are SYTILL posting on an old thread!! I'm done. I'll send you PM with my phone # if you wish to ever contact me.
I would much rather touch bases with you right here on this great forum. So please take a deep breath and think twice about leaving.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom