Back to camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweetsurrender

We did get the rig back after that over four months in the shop waiting on Ford. If intersted, the saga is on past posts but it is in the past. But now, forward ho!

Now that we are getting to use our new rig, we are experiencing niggling issues. One is that one of our bay doors consistently flys open while underway. (These open from the side)I have tried locking it, but that doesnt work. The clasp looks like it is seated just like on the bay doors that don't fly open. Any ideas? As always thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20230605_105902.jpg
    20230605_105902.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230605_105855.jpg
    20230605_105855.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 16
In my opinion either the latch or target should be adjustable. On the backside of the target are there another 2 nuts? To lower/tighten the target loosen the outside nuts (less thread showing) and tighten the inner nuts.

There is probably a rig spec in inches or something but trial and error works too.

Sounds reasonable. It looks fine there, but it does raise and lower. Thanks.
Forgot to mention, mine has the T-handle latches and one of mine is simply broken and won't stay closed. I have resorted to a piece of speed tape (the tin aluminum stuff when underway. If you resort to this, even temporarily avoid duct tape. For some reason it blows off pretty readily after a couple hundred miles.

It would serious tick me off to have a failed latch mechanism on a new RV.

I don't see an area under the latch where the loop can fit into. Looks like the latch on the door is right up against the foam leaving no room for the catch (loop) it fit. Maybe just the picture angle.

I'm thinking the same as NMJEEP, it looks like the catch is hitting the striker about midway but if it can't go behind it, it's barely holding on at the edge. That, or the catch or latch is somehow moving while underway.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I think it was as suggested, not lined up quite right. This photo shows the "target", and after close inpection it appeared the top "bolt" was a bit longer than the bottom one making the vertical bar a little on a slant. I evened everything up. On todays drive, the door didn't open and we were on some twisty roads. In fairness, I did tie it from the inside, though the string of elastic I used wasn't much, and the latch was secure in place at the end of the drive. Maybe that was it.
Thank you all for suggestions.
Happy trails!

Attachments

• 20230608_140630.jpg
    20230608_140630.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57