Backed into garage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats a tough one there. And it went into the sidewall. Does Jayco have a work and repair facility that can tackle that one? I would think the insurance company would be more than receptive to get that one corrected back like new, if possible.

Sorry, feel your pain. Wish you well finding a good repair place.

What did the insurance company decide?
I have to wait until next Friday, I will be taking it to the RV place the insurance adjuster will meet me there. We’ll see. I am hoping it can be fixed. I can’t see them totaling a brand new 2021. I will update next Friday after my appointment. Wish me luck

UPDATE: the insurance company is evaluating the damage in excess of $20,000.00 deciding whether they want to total or repair. Not looking good for me. I am sick to my stomach about it.

There is a collective "OHHH NOOOO" across the forum. Hope this gets resolved quickly & in the best possible way for you.

That's exactly what I said when I read it. That, and an "OUCH!"

OP, here's hoping your insurance steps up. This is what we pay them for.

UPDATE: the insurance company is evaluating the damage in excess of $20,000.00 deciding whether they want to total or repair. Not looking good for me. I am sick to my stomach about it.
That actually may be good for you. That would be a very extensive repair and I’d always be worried about leakage.

I feel your pain. My Class A was totaled after I left water on to fill the tank and the tank overfilled expanded and bent my frame.
I hope it gets resolved.

deciding whether they want to total or repair.

If they total it out, will it cover your purchase price or at least any loan you may have?

If so, you can just start over and maybe even make changes now that you camped in it 4 times, you might not even like that camper.

If they total it out, will it cover your purchase price or at least any loan you may have?

If so, you can just start over and maybe even make changes now that you camped in it 4 times, you might not even like that camper.
We loved this model. We have gap ins. plus replacement ins. So the loan isn’t a problem. I Would rather have this RV back. If totaled we would seek out the exact make and model.

I'm hoping they total it for you. I'm not being mean - think about it - might be in the shop for months and then when you finally get it back you will always be wondering if they fixed it right. I'd be worried every time it rained. A friend of mine hit a deer many years ago and the damage was literally a few hundred away from being totaled. Part way through the repairs they found another $1,000 or so in damage but it was too late to stop. That car was never the same.

I agree with joe @$20k + to fix i would want a new one. Unless fixed properly which is rare you may be chasing issues for ever. Not to mention this summers trips may not happen if its in the shop.

We loved this model. We have gap ins. plus replacement ins. So the loan isn’t a problem. I Would rather have this RV back. If totaled we would seek out the exact make and model.
Good luck, hope for a quick resolution so you can get back on the road.

We had a 5th wheel. Had problems from the gitgo. Had to have the front cap replaced; the wiring harness and the middle axle. Factory did all the work but then again it was their shoddy workmanship.

as an adjuster myself, I think it's likely that they will declare it a total-loss. Insurance companies do NOT like to repair those...a little fender bender? ok...major damage? No!

Back
Top Bottom