Backing the Blue / RIP Officers X2 - Eden Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember way back when I walked three miles in the snow all by myself to school when I was 7 years old. ;) That was way back when there wasn't a lot of people on Earth. And I remember when pick up trucks were driven to the high school with a gun rack in the back window with double barrel shotguns hanging in them. They were never stolen or used in a single on campus shooting. Of course the years have gone by and the guns all have a mind of their own and are itching to shoot someone every single morning when the sun comes up.
There is no support from the national media and rarely you will ever see their names mentioned on the nightly news when any LEO is gunned down. RIP, as their families will never enjoy peace.
Actually, I see a whole lot of reports of LEOs being shot in the national media. AP, Reuters, CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CBS, FOX, you name it and I can show them to you. Better review your newsfeed, I think.

It’s a different world now
Yes it is. But we don't ban the automobile or alcohol for everyone when people kill themselves and others while driving drunk. So why are guns targeted with such vigor? Take away the gangs and drug related murders from the statistics and you will have a different set of numbers . Of course I think the gun is down the list of instruments used to kill folks in one of the recent reports.

This is a link you may have read.

FBI: 4 times more people killed with knives than rifles in 2019 | American Military News

FBI: 4 times more people killed with knives than rifles in 2019 | American Military News
Four times as many people were killed with a knife than with any kind of rifle in 2019, the FBI revealed in its Uniform Crime Report released late last month.

According to the UCR, 1,476 victims were murdered with “knives or cutting instruments,” whereas 364 people were killed with rifles, including the vague category of “assault rifles.”

Yes it is. But we don't ban the automobile or alcohol for everyone when people kill themselves and others while driving drunk. So why are guns targeted with such vigor? Take away the gangs and drug related murders from the statistics and you will have a different set of numbers . Of course I think the gun is down the list of instruments used to kill folks in one of the recent reports.

Automobiles and alcohol are not designed as instruments to kill. Guns are designed for one reason only; to kill. Besides, nobody is taking your guns away. The Constitution gives you the right to bear arms. Nowhere does it say what arms. You don’t need a weapon capable of holding dozens of rounds. Five is plenty. Unless your a really terrible shot. Your argument concerning automobiles and alcohol is specious at best.

Let’s look at all firearms cf. knives: 10,258 and 1,476. Most of the firearms deaths are from handguns.

Very interesting articles thank you for sharing. A lot of numbers in that I didn’t know.

Let’s look at all firearms cf. knives: 10,258 and 1,476. Most of the firearms deaths are from handguns.
You can do just that. But you must look at who is using the handguns to commit the crimes. That's not members of the NRA. So take your pick. The anti group all fall back on the assault rifles. In reality all firearms are assault weapons. But again take away the gang and drug related crimes ,mostly by hand guns, and committed by repeat offenders in huge numbers and the numbers goes off a five mile cliff. And its not up to politicians to pick and choose how many rounds a legal gun owner wants to carry and shoot in their free time. The gang members do not participate in buy back programs either. And too, in all reality a buy back program is no such thing. Legal gun owners do not buy guns from the politicians that's spending the people's money in return for any gun turned in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom