Backsplash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea, that's what we bought from Amazon, a couple pieces let go a little for some reason, we will live with it as long as they don't fall off the wall. haha

Deano2002 said:
yea, that's what we bought from Amazon, a couple pieces let go a little for some reason, we will live with it as long as they don't fall off the wall. haha

i did clean the surface very well before putting them on.  I used TSP, I believe. 

yes, my wife used the same, maybe ours are just a cheaper quality. I know they weren't real cheap, oh well, they will have to do for now, I have other projects

theyoungfamily said:
Thinking of removing the wallpaper border in the bathroom and putting up the self adhesive backsplash tiles that are at Home Depot or Lowes.
Two questions -
Should I remove the border or put it over the border ...and....very curious how long these will actually stay on the wall.  We live in southwest FL - in the summer, it bakes in the camper - wondering just how well adhesive will hold up.  Our previous 5th wheel all the border was coming off the walls and curling at the tops and bottom due to the heat. I just don't want a big mess down the road....literally!
thanks in advance
Hi, I just this week installed peel n stick backsplash to my walls. I purchased mine on Amazon. I removed the wallpaper border, but did not remove the loan coating/wallpaper. Although these were adhesive backed peel and stick the manufacturer did suggest that if you live in a climate of extreme temperatures they recommend that you use contact adhesive on both the wall and the tiles to help them stay put. I didn't do that with mine, because we rarely get hot days here and my trailer won't be travelling but in hind sight I'm thinking maybe I should have lol. Also note, if your walls are painted, they won't stick very well. Good luck with your project and I hope you post before and after pics :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom