Bad campground managers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The owner emailed me today and we did email back and forth a bit.  She was told a different story about what happened, and I emailed her the video of me going to the office.  I did get an apology and is going to fix the credit card charges.

Ex-Calif
You go it right and I still don?t know all the back story about the family dram that was going on before I got there.  I found out a bit more of it today, but I?m sure there is a lot more than I would ever want to know about.
The place I?m at now will let me stay for 2 weeks and about 25 minutes away.  She did work with me part of the day in my studio.  It looks like I will work with her a few times, but if anything else happens I?m out of there.

Gary
Yes, I?m on the Asperger?s spectrum.  Everything in my life is ?social awkwardness? if I?m around people. 

camperAL
The daughter was the one that made the reservations.  The owner / mother was fine with it form what I was told.  The daughter had seen my rig about 7 months ago teaching some classes.

garyb
From what I understand I must go to the magistrate and show it was an illegal trespass before it will come out of the computer system.  There is something the owner can do to get it removed, but then I still need to get a cop to check the system.
I just have a DRZ 400.  I did not unload the bike till 8:30 am.  The class A 3 down had been running for 45 minutes blowing off air every 90 seconds.

lynnmor
Don?t most Harley owners make there bikes louder so they can hear them running?

I happened to see a similar setup listed for sale.

Attachments

• 00909_9FXlskyku81_0CI0lM_600x450[1].jpg
    00909_9FXlskyku81_0CI0lM_600x450[1].jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 00h0h_dpKpRXIicy0_0CI0t2_600x450[1].jpg
    00h0h_dpKpRXIicy0_0CI0t2_600x450[1].jpg
    35 KB · Views: 67
  • 00g0g_sAjiaZRvzZ_0kE0bC_600x450[1].jpg
    00g0g_sAjiaZRvzZ_0kE0bC_600x450[1].jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 65
lynnmor said:
The OP does not have a Harley.

A new Harley, in the vast majority of cases, is altered to made a lot more noise almost immediately upon purchase.  I never experienced even one Harley that was altered to reduce noise.

I stand corrected - for some reason I thought I read "sportster."

I should of used "showhauler conversion" before.

Mine started semi moving truck so much bigger and industrial looking than what Boat posted.  I just searched the net and did not see any pics of mine, I'll see about getting some pics off my phone to upload.

I can't really comment because I wasn't there, and I'm also surprised it escalated so quickly. If it was me? I'd have nothing to do with any of them.

Two things I do know -

1. RV campgrounds set the rules on what kind of vehicles they allow in, even down to the model year. If yours doesn't fit the requirements, they can ask you to leave or deny you entry.

2. Non-motorcycle people always think bikes are going faster or are making more noise than they really are. It may be that you caused a complaint from an unhappy camper. Again, I'd probably never return to that campground.

The fact that the OP went to great lengths to make an issue out of it tells me a lot..  Kiss it of and get down the road.>>>Dan

Next time bring this to the campground and see how it works out....................

Attachments

• aaaalll.jpg
    aaaalll.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 63
rbrdriver said:
Next time bring this to the campground and see how it works out....................

I hope those are Michelins - he coulda' bought Toyo at half the price!

Utclmjmpr said:
The fact that the OP went to great lengths to make an issue out of it tells me a lot..  Kiss it of and get down the road.>>>Dan
At the point I was told to leave I was given less than 4 minutes to get back to my RV, load my motorcycle, tie down my motorcycle, and leave before I was blocked into where I was parked.  I had spent the night so I also had stuff out that should of been put away to safely drive away.
I did not want to make a big deal out of till I was blocked into my site after being told to leave.  If I would not of been blocked into my site everything could of been taken care of with a few emails.

How much time do you feel is far to pack up and leave in a RV?

That thing has to many tires and moving parts for me.  I would hate to see the maintenance bill for something like that.

Never had a problem with my 2000 Kawasaki KLR 650. When I ride horse trails and see horses coming in the opposite direction I'll stop and turn off the motor so the horses don't get scared. I often get a thank you even though it may be questionable if I should be there. Being polite goes a long way. The KLR 650 is quiet and the only bike used by the US Marines at the time. The Military version is diesel, has toothed foot pegs and a stronger handle bar. Mine has an upgraded seat. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtcd1kSdlQY

Attachments

• KLR650.jpg
    KLR650.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 28
I like the luggage boxes that you can get with the Kawasaki KLR 650.
You mentioned an upgraded seat.  Was it like sitting on a 2x4 like the old DRZ's used to be?
The 2020 KLR 650 I test drove was wonderful for the 4 miles I was on it.

I need to replace my DRZ and have looked at the KLR's a few times, but never got a good sales man.

Cool video if you're into motorcycles but too many ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_gnh82sLWs

I like the luggage boxes that you can get with the Kawasaki KLR 650.
You mentioned an upgraded seat. Was it like sitting on a 2x4 like the old DRZ's used to be?
The 2020 KLR 650 I test drove was wonderful for the 4 miles I was on it.

I need to replace my DRZ and have looked at the KLR's a few times, but never got a good sales man.
Funny story,

When I had my Honda 1984 1100cc 120 horse power V65 Magna, I thought it was pretty fast at 150 MPH .

My buddy rode professionally and wanted to check out my V65.

We swapped bikes.

His bike did 0 to 225 in about 7 seconds. It was quite a rush.

You better know what you're doing if you get on one of those bikes because the front wheel comes up in every gear.

So, you don't have an RV, you have a moving truck. However, that was never revealed during the reservation process - or did you misrepresent the truck?

No offence meant, but it sounds as if you're looking for sympathy - but, if you are actually considering driving 120 miles to work with someone you really should look for a different job.

Big hint - always clearly identify what you're driving BEFORE you finalize a reservation - we learned that when we first started trailering many years ago. Sometimes the CG can have better - or better suited - sites for you... Or, you can avoid being embarrassed (which seems to be what you're covering up once you started with the kidnapping issues).

P.S. All Harleys are pretty noisy unless specifically altered to quiet them to keep the neighbors happy.

Meanwhile - suck it up and learn what to do in the future and try harder to stay out of jail.

Wrong about the Harley's. Loud Harleys are the ones that have been modified.
When they are stock they are no LOUDER than most of the diesel pickups and quieter than most. I've even heard DP's louder.
No, I don't own a Harley, but do own Honda Goldwing. It's as quiet as a car. Stop stereotyping Harley riders.

Diesel Trucks are VERY loud, but their owners can't hear them.

They scream instead of talking because they are so used to hearing that diesel engine they don't even know they scream. hahahahaha

Loud diesels are like loud Harley's. Because the owner made them that way. At least for the newer ones. I'm not going to say I can't hear mine, that would be pretty stupid. But it is so much quieter then even my previous one, which was still a 6.7L. Once you hit cruising speed, they are just as quiet as any gasser.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom