Badly Needed - Control Box for electric awning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill N

I have an A&E One Step awning by Dometic, mfg 1/17/02.  For the past couple of years it has been operating only intermittently.  It will usually go fully out but retract only part way if at all.  Once you try, you have to wait several hours and start the coach engine to get it to retract.  After thinking it was a bad motor or low voltage my trusted RV mechanic of 30 years tells me he has seen this multiple times and it is a logic board in the control box.  BUT that part is now discontinued.  He also tells me the awning will eventually fail completely when the logic board quits.  If anybody has any idea where I could get a Dometic Weatherpro Control Box, part nbr 3308014.004, please let me know.  I have contacted a local salvage yard but they responded that they do not currently have that control box.  I do not expect the part to be new but someone may have changed awnings or had one from a wrecked RV that is seeking a new home.  Thanks for any input or suggestions.  This is a 16 year old coach and has recently had a new transmission, new air compressor and new tires installed.  I am tapped out for any new awning - those things are running about 2K installed.

Bill

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/p/Dometic-3308014-004-Universal-WeatherPro-Control-Box-Kit-Camper-Trailer-RV/1128867614

Paul 1950 said:
Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/p/Dometic-3308014-004-Universal-WeatherPro-Control-Box-Kit-Camper-Trailer-RV/1128867614

Thanks very much Paul.  This is exactly what I am looking for but I was not able to find it earlier on ebay.  Your help is appreciated.  I am emailing the seller now and with a 14 day return policy I should be able to get it checked out and, if it doesn't work, get it returned for a refund.  It is listing for over $357 with free shipping which is a lot better than a new awning price.

Bill

I just ordered the control box that Paul put me on to.  The business specializes in RV salvage and surplus and the item is brand new in the bag so it should work.  If not I have 14 days to return for a refund.  Wish me luck.

Bill

I did email Dometic Customer Relations and give them all the model and parts numbers involved and today I received a reply that said the box that I have bought will fit as a replacement for the defective box on my awning.  NOW all I have to do is hope that my $358 will fix the problem.  If not - well I will have to address that later...............lol

Bill

Back
Top Bottom