Banjos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry, great link. although I can't imagine printing it out, and carting around. One easy way on the dobro in open G tuning is :key, up 5 and up 2. Then to figure out when and how to use a capo. The banjo is typically tuned to open G as well, so for early in picking bar chords work great.
It's a good learning tool, though, and I printed one copy full size and another at 50% (4" H x 3½" W, so actually ¼ size), which is still readable (with my glasses) and you can tape it on the side (top) of the guitar. and by cutting off the top and bottom labels it's down to 3" high.

I'll likely never learn it all, but even just knowing the 145 in 3 or 4 common keys makes a difference.

Her banjo was open back but it had a chrome rod that held the towel in Place. She never dropped her towel.

I tried to play banjo but the real players told me I played it like a guitar. I used three fingers and a thumb. Thus I was hopeless. Still am.

I tune G-D-G-B-D String one is on the bottom. What I've learned, so far. So starting with the bottom string (one) G to the top (fifth) D. Then set the bridge so all strings tune the same when fretted on the 12th frett (or as close as possible). Remember, my goal is 3 finger (thumb, pointer and social fingers) bluegrass as introduced and played by Earl Scruggs. Not that I will ever meet, or come close to, his standards.

Her banjo was open back but it had a chrome rod that held the towel in Place. She never dropped her towel.

I tried to play banjo but the real players told me I played it like a guitar. I used three fingers and a thumb. Thus I was hopeless. Still am.
How many fingers did they use? Playing a banjo, I use a thumb and forfinger on the right hand, and however many fingers are needed on the left hand to finger a chord. I really wish I could play a banjo using one of the finger plucking methods.

That's not a bad looking banjo,, I have two and paid over $1250.00 for each along time ago.
One of the things you will notice if you "move up" will be the increase in weight,, the average standard with a brass tone ring weighs about 13 lbs., and it will get your back while standing on stage for long periods..>>>Dan

Reactions: Tom
I have a friend that made a statement about my banjo playing years ago,,, He said the sweetest sound he has ever heard is "a banjo hitting an accordion in the bottom of a dumpster">>>

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom