Basement air conditioning.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lawman8107

I just bought a 37 ft. 2002 Itasca Suncruiser with one slide. I live in Texas and the past couple of days the outside temp has been 96 or 97 degrees. The inside temp of my coach has bee 86 to 88 degrees. Does anyone know if that is going to be a common temp for this basement air.

I've heard similar complaints. It's not necessarily the fact it is basement air - RVs can be difficult to cool well in full sun on a hot day.  The insulation probably is not all that good, the huge windshield and numerous windows contribute to sun warming and the ceiling vents allow an awful lot of heat to penetrate. And do you know if it has dual pane glass in the windows?

Consider putting an foam insualting pillow or covers over the ceiling vents (and shower skylight, if it has one), pull the windsheild and window shades and put out the awning to help shade the side.  This will help reduce the sun loading and heat transfer.  You may as well have the basement a/c checked out too, to make sure it is performing well.  The temperature of the air coming out of the vents should be 55 degrees or close to it.  If 60 or above I would say that something is definitely wrong.

Thanks for the info. I have bought some silver widow reflective material for the front and side big windows. I will get some vent covers. Someone else advised me to get the side windows tinted to help reflect the sun. The rig is at the dealers now to get the air checked. I'll let you know.

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but have you checked to see if the return air filter needs cleaning. Possibly the previous owner ran with a dirty filter and there is dirt on the A/C coils.

Several years ago Avion tried to put basement cooling in--they eneded up putting roof air to supplement the basement unit.  Keeping in mind--cold air falls--hot air rises.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom