Basement Renovation: drywall choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jscottt

Just a basic question here. I guess it should have gone into the drywall forum.....but I was looking at Materials....

If you guys were doing basement renovations would you try to convince the H.O . into using a product such as Dense Armor or WR drywall ???

Is the extra cost worth the "resistance to moisture"??? I'm also looking at it due to it's Paperless feature which was suggested in an article with reference to fire resistance.....

The MSDS says it's :

Flammability: Not flammable by OSHA/WHMIS criteria.
Flammable Limits: This product is fire resistant and has the following surface burning characteristics reported
by nationally recognized laboratories. Flame Spread, 0 - 25, and Smoke Development, 0 - 20 (ASTH EB4).
Means of Extinction:
Suitable Extinguishing Media: Treat for surrounding material.
Unsuitable Extinguishing Media: Not applicable.
Products of Combustion: May include, and are not limited to: calcium oxide and sulfur dioxide.
Explosion Data:
Sensitivity to Mechanical Impact: Not applicable.
Sensitivity to Static Discharge: Not applicable.

Just a basic question here. I guess it should have gone into the drywall forum.....but I was looking at Materials....

If you guys were doing basement renovations would you try to convince the H.O . into using a product such as Dense Armor or WR drywall ???

Is the extra cost worth the "resistance to moisture"??? I'm also looking at it due to it's Paperless feature which was suggested in an article with reference to fire resistance.....

The MSDS says it's :

Flammability: Not flammable by OSHA/WHMIS criteria.
Flammable Limits: This product is fire resistant and has the following surface burning characteristics reported
by nationally recognized laboratories. Flame Spread, 0 - 25, and Smoke Development, 0 - 20 (ASTH EB4).
Means of Extinction:
Suitable Extinguishing Media: Treat for surrounding material.
Unsuitable Extinguishing Media: Not applicable.
Products of Combustion: May include, and are not limited to: calcium oxide and sulfur dioxide.
Explosion Data Edmonton legal basement suite:
Sensitivity to Mechanical Impact: Not applicable.
Sensitivity to Static Discharge: Not applicable.
what do you think about it?

This is an RV forum. Shouldn't it be in DYI or something.

I certainly would not use sheetrock in my RV basement - or is something new in the camping world?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom