Basement storage question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starrdiva

Looking to bring along all my Crafty supplies - hubby said I should store them in the basement rather than the closet ?  Curious if anyone knows if those plastic, 3 drawer units you buy at Walmart or anywhere will conveniently fit in there ?  :eek:

Thanks much !  (We're looking for a 2008-2009 Fleetwood Discovery 40X to be our home - Class A DP, 40 ft)

1st welcome to the forum,

I have seen the 3 drawer units in different sizes so it will depend. That said I would consider just stacking totes in the basement. You can use different sizes.

Remember some of the best crafty days are rainy days...You don't want to run out in the rain when you need something

Thanks for the nice welcome !
You're right... didn't consider that rainy day thing !  LOL  Good thinking !  I may reconsider !
Have a great 2019 !

I've used various sizes of plastic drawers, various small parts bins/drawers, and many sizes and shapes of plastic or rubber totes.  They come in every imaginable size & shape (even round and triangular!), so it's a matter of choosing what works for the space available and what you want to store.  A further tip is to label the boxes or drawers well so you can find stuff easily.

Storage bays also are in various sizes, even on the same coach. They may also have different heights at the outer door than further back, especially if its a pass-thru (side-to-side) bay that goes under or over the frame rails. The use of a sliding tray in the bay also changes the height.

Soooo, get out your tape measure and then shop the plastics aisles at Walmart, Lowes, etc.

Love plastic storage containers.  Make sure you get the type that has a good locking mechanism.  Mine all have handles that bend upward to secure the lid.  Less chance of stuff popping off when towing.

My storage compartment is organized with containers for my plumbing accessories and spare parts, another for electrical accessories and spare repair parts, and another for misc. junk like eternabond tape, spare dicor, heat gun, caulk gun, cordless drill, airpump, etc..etc..

I upgraded to clear containers because I kept forgetting what was inside of them.  Now a quick peak helps jog my poor memory.

Another thing, make sure they are waterproof and the lids are NOT recessed.  Recessed lids or lids that have grooves easily trap rain water.  Flat lids give you the option to keep your containers outside under the camper without fear or the lid trapping a lot of water.  I made that mistake once with a storage container that I keep my wood pellets and BBQ equipment in at my residence.  Recessed lids do allow for stacking containers inside your storage unit but I use Velcro on the top of the lid and bottom of the stacked container to solve the problem of them shifting when I tow.

I recently posted this picture, but here it is again...

Attachments

• compartment.JPG
    compartment.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back