Bass Tracker Forum Referral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

As some have suggested before, i need to get hooked up with a boating forum, but i didnt know what brand i would be buying. Now that i know, can anyone suggest a good bass tracker forum. Thanks :)

Google finds a number of related forums. I haven't frequented any of them.

Well no place like home, but i should have expected that huh. I did go out and join several boating forums, only to find too many ads, no replies, no welcome, little traffic, or just some place other than the US. I have better luck on youtube.

So ill just probably stay here and stick to RV stuff :) as i said no place like home :)

Well no place like home, but i should have expected that huh. I did go out and join several boating forums, only to find too many ads, no replies, no welcome, little traffic, or just some place other than the US. I have better luck on youtube.

So ill just probably stay here and stick to RV stuff :) as i said no place like home :)
You could start some boating/Tracker threads here and see who jumps in.

During covid I was looking for socially distant hobbies. I bought a small aluminum fishing boat for like $350 and a bunch of lures and gear. After watching a ton of YouTubes I motored around the lake at all times of the day.

I officially caught one Bass the whole time - LOL. Yes I suck at fishing.

I also took up hunting for the 2021 fall season and after sitting in the woods for like 96 hours total I actually winged a turkey hen but she ran off before I could get her.

I am not sure who was more surprised. I was at rest and when I saw the pair of hens I panicked, raised my gun too quick my strap fouled on my chest rig and quick fired before I had a proper sight picture. I was lucky to wing her and the first hen jumped straight up about 4-5 feet and collapsed in the grass. The second hen took flight. As I am watching the second take off I look back and the first hen got up and started running.

My brain couldn't process it. I had a semiauto shotgun and could have/should have shot her again but my brain was like, "I killed you. You should not be getting up." - LOL... The whole thing lasted less than 15 seconds but I still play it in slow motion in my head - LOL.

Make, model, length, power? Which lake?
It was a package boat/trailer deal from Sears in the days when you could go to sears and buy a combo unit. I think it's a seasprite(?) or something like that. It's like 12-14 feet and came with a Briggs engine on it of like 4 HP. That was a noisy vibrator of a motor. I bought it from an old guy who just got to old to go boating but it was really well cared for.

I found an Evinrude 9hp two stroke on craigslist and bought that which makes it much more capable.

Spent most of the time on Ceasar's Creek near Dayton. Here in FL I have had DonTom on a local lake and have been there a couple times. My kid has taken it on the Suwannee river and pretty much navigated from Gibson Park (north east of Live Oak) to Fanning Springs. I ended up driving to fanning to trailer him back.

He then towed it to the Cedar Keys area and took it on the gulf. Not a great boat for open sea work - LOL...

I am hoping to rig up a rack of some kind to haul it up over the bed of the truck. Once I get the teardrop trailer done I think this would make a nice weekender rig.

It was a package boat trailer deal from Sears in the days when you could go to sears and buy a combo unit. I think it's a seasprite(?) or something like that.truck. Once I get the teardrop trailer done I think this would make a nice weekender rig.
Ah, the days of Sears Kingfisher. I borrowed a 3hp Kingfisher (new in bag) from a friend almost 40 years ago to power an inflatable dinghy. It was almost screaming at 5mph, and had no chance of putting the dinghy on plane. Bought a Merc 8hp, which was OK, but still underpowered. Our current Caribe RIB dink has a 40hp Yamaha.

This uses less (no) gas, but takes a little more work. Super quiet, unless I'm paddling hard and puffing/panting.

Attachments

• Float tube.jpg
    Float tube.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Float_tube.jpg
    Float_tube.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member