Bath and half question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nascar74ever

I am new to the forum and have a general question on RV models with bath a half's.  We will be purchasing our first motorhome in a few weeks and I am only interested in bath a half models.  Are there any models that have a full bath in the middle and the 1/2 bath in bedroom area.  All of the ones our dealers have are the full bath in the rear.  I really dont want friends and family going through my bedroom area to get a shower.  Thank you

I am by no means an expert... But that (Bath and a half) was the feature that SOLD! both my wife and I on the rig we bought,,, A Damon Intruder 377w

I'm sure it's not the only bath.5 out there but I can tell you already I've been happy with that 2nd toilet

In this rig the rear is the master bath, RV size mini-shower (too small) Dual wash basins (Wish they had made the shower bigger at the expense of one of those basins) and Macerating toilet (It pumps the "stuff" up to the middle of the rig with a macerator pump)  Sit, think, wipe, push button, and it does the rest.  Does require 12v systems be active

Moving toward the front is the master bedroom (Queen size) dual slide out (Bed/Wardrobe)
Moving foward is the hallway, closets on one side, power and control center on the other
Moving very slightly forward (behind the power center) is the half bath, Sea-Land type Toiled (Regular RV kind with pedal and sprayer) nothing special here, black tank is under your seat as you think here,

Moving forward is the dining table (I have table, not "booth" and the start of the kitchen area
Moving forward is the convert-a-bed/sofa, which is the main lounge and a slide out, across the isle from it is the rest of the kitchen and the recliner which can't be reclined cause there is no place for it to recline to (nice leather chair though) just ahead of it is the entry/exit and ahead of that is the pair of captains chair and the motor hump.

Tv's front and rear, Onan 5500 below the dining table Power transfer switch in the half bath under the basin in the cabnet (found it when it fried under warranty) and lots of basements

Nice rig. if you'd like to see it's outside, Look up and to the left slightly, it's my avatar

Hi John I am
I am by no means an expert... But that (Bath and a half) was the feature that SOLD! both my wife and I on the rig we bought,,, A Damon Intruder 377w

I'm sure it's not the only bath.5 out there but I can tell you already I've been happy with that 2nd toilet

In this rig the rear is the master bath, RV size mini-shower (too small) Dual wash basins (Wish they had made the shower bigger at the expense of one of those basins) and Macerating toilet (It pumps the "stuff" up to the middle of the rig with a macerator pump) Sit, think, wipe, push button, and it does the rest. Does require 12v systems be active

Moving toward the front is the master bedroom (Queen size) dual slide out (Bed/Wardrobe)
Moving foward is the hallway, closets on one side, power and control center on the other
Moving very slightly forward (behind the power center) is the half bath, Sea-Land type Toiled (Regular RV kind with pedal and sprayer) nothing special here, black tank is under your seat as you think here,

Moving forward is the dining table (I have table, not "booth" and the start of the kitchen area
Moving forward is the convert-a-bed/sofa, which is the main lounge and a slide out, across the isle from it is the rest of the kitchen and the recliner which can't be reclined cause there is no place for it to recline to (nice leather chair though) just ahead of it is the entry/exit and ahead of that is the pair of captains chair and the motor hump.

Tv's front and rear, Onan 5500 below the dining table Power transfer switch in the half bath under the basin in the cabnet (found it when it fried under warranty) and lots of basements

Nice rig. if you'd like to see it's outside, Look up and to the left slightly, it's my avatar
reading your posts and came across this one what is the power transfer switch in the half bath for Mine got it

Our rig needs the ½ bath because when the bedroom slides are retracted you can't get to the rear (main) bath without a very awkward crawling over the bed. I suspect that most with the ½ bath are similar.

Hi John I am

reading your posts and came across this one what is the power transfer switch in the half bath for Mine got it

For some reason the put the automatic gernerator transfer switch in the cabinet next to the basin in the half bath... (The bottom half of the cabinet was blocked off that's where they hid the ATS.
It's not where I'd have put power stuff.. but it was never a problem.
I might add the power distribution panels were in the hall..the wall shared with the under bathroom sink cabinet. .so all my electricty both 12 volt and 120 volt Other than chassis and aux power to radios (An added circuit) ran through the bathroom.

Are there any models that have a full bath in the middle and the 1/2 bath in bedroom area.
We came across one (or more) with the half bath in the rear, but that was when we were looking around some years ago. Now I don't recall which makes/models. IIRC there was an awkward step to get in/out of the half bath area, but again I don't recall the details.

For some reason the put the automatic gernerator transfer switch in the cabinet next to the basin in the half bath... (The bottom half of the cabinet was blocked off that's where they hid the ATS.
It's not where I'd have put power stuff.. but it was never a problem.
I might add the power distribution panels were in the hall..the wall shared with the under bathroom sink cabinet. .so all my electricty both 12 volt and 120 volt Other than chassis and aux power to radios (An added circuit) ran through the bathroom.
Thanks John someone said that the fuse for the living room slide was located in there . mine looks like a big black box with a cover on it what exactly does the automatic generator transfer switch do? Does the box cover open to gain access? sorry for the weird questions but I am curious.

The transfer switch only deals with 120v AC so you will not ever find any 12v fuses, slide or otherwise, it it, nor any 120v breakers for that matter. Its simply relays and logic board from shifting power input from shore to generator and back again.

Charles

Hi I am back I bought a true charge 2 series battery charger to replace the one in my 2005 Damon Intruder motorhome I need help to hook it up in the rear hatch I have 2 wires from the 3 batteries and a 120v plug in. how do I wire it up the old one just up and quit on me appreciate any help thank you

Um.... I hate to bust your bubble, but there is no privacy anywhere in any RV unless you are completely alone. And then... your sounds can STILL be heard outside the camper!

Hi I am back I bought a true charge 2 series battery charger to replace the one in my 2005 Damon Intruder motorhome I need help to hook it up in the rear hatch I have 2 wires from the 3 batteries and a 120v plug in. how do I wire it up the old one just up and quit on me appreciate any help thank you
Should be no different than the one you are removing (but you didn't give the brand/model so I'm making an educated guess).
The TruCharge will get its 120v input from that 120v plug. You will have to extend the wires from the TruCharge AC pigtails to reach the outlet and put a parallel-blade plug on it. Then add suitably sized wires to the DC output terminals to reach the batteries and connect the + (hot) wire to one of the positive battery terminals and the - (negative or ground) wire to one of the battery negative terminals. The size (gauge) of the wire will be determined by the amp rating of the TruCharge (it comes in several ratings) and the disatnce (length of wire).

The TruCharge installtion instructions are in the owner manual - see Owners Guide - English

Thanks Gary there is a 120v plug in from the old converter and there is also 2 dc wires that was also connected to the old charger I just want to be sure before hooking it up

Back
Top Bottom