Bath fan vent cover will not go up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sp

Good morning, on our 2009 Winnebago Journey the bath vent fan cover will not go up when the switch is on and the motor running. (I can not even push up the cover unless the cover motor is running trying to raise the cover.) Once the cover is open (pushing up by hand) then cover will go down when the switch is in down position. The fan motor is a Jenson by Elixir model # V971232e-c. I do not see a brand name on the actual cover motor. Both cover motor gears are turning, but apparently not engaging with the gear in the arm that raises the vent cover, which I can not see into. Is there any repair for this or do I just need to purchase and install a new vent cover assembly? Thanks for any recommendations.
Bob S.

Thanks FunSteak, I contacted Heng's Industries and spoke to a very nice customer service rep that gave me a part number. I ordered the part from one of their distributors (Camping World by chance) and the part should be delivered to me in 10 days. After hearing my problem the customer service rep indicated the part should do the trick and I should be able to install. So, hopefully I will be all fixed soon. Thanks again for the information.
Bob

sp said:
Thanks FunSteak, I contacted Heng's Industries and spoke to a very nice customer service rep that gave me a part number. I ordered the part from one of their distributors (Camping World by chance) and the part should be delivered to me in 10 days. After hearing my problem the customer service rep indicated the part should do the trick and I should be able to install. So, hopefully I will be all fixed soon. Thanks again for the information.
Bob

Fantastic!  Thanks for the follow up, and I'm glad it worked out.  Happy travels!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom