Bathroom fan/light questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamu

My 2008 Surveyor has a bathroom wall switch on/off. If I turn on the switch of the ceiling bathroom light it will not turn on unless the wall switch is turned on. Is it set up that way so you can just have the switch on the light turned on and use the wall switch instead of fumbling around trying to find the ceiling light switch? Also, I turned my fan switch on an it doesn't operate. I checked the fuse on the fan and it looks fine, I also checked my fuse panel fuses. All appear fine...I also opened my vent and still no luck. Is there an interlock switch somewhere on the top of the vent cover? Could it be stuck or am I missing something?

What kind of fan do you have?  Is it a Fantastic fan?  Some Fantastic fans have a thermostat control.  If set too low or defective, the fan may not come on.  Also, Fantastic fans have an automatic shut off switch which requires the vent to be open somewhat.

With the power on, VERY carefully tap the blades with a plastic knife or something like that.  It may just be stuck.  I got a replacement fan motor and blade and for some reason I decided to try it before I took everything apart to replace it.  It started right up and has worked for almost two years now.  I still have the other one for a replacement, but it was just sticky for some reason.

I also have a fan with the wall mount switch. If the fan speed is set to 0 instead of 1, 2, or 3 the fan switch will not do anything if I recall. Turn the fan speed to 1 and then flip the switch and see if that starts opening the cover, then when the covers is open to the full extent the fan will actually start turning to the set speed. The fan speed switch is up on the fan itself. Hope that works for you.

Thanks for the response folks. There wasn't a fan interlock. It was the 123 rotating switch. Tried the wall switch with it and also tried rotating it. Checked the 4A fuse and it "looked" good. For the heck of it I stuck a wire in the fuse holder to hotwire it and guess what? It worked. Threw in a new fuse and it's fine. Lessen learned....you can't always tell if a glass fuse is good just by looking at it. Glad I didn't start tearing things apart.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom