bathroom vent mod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stormy2000

hello,

wife and I are new to FT in our TT, and it has become a pain now when wife wants to open vent in the bathroom since it is too high for her.
has there been any mod that has maybe lowered or installed the knob down to shoulder length height to open/close the bathroom vent?

thank you,

bill & jodi

Could install a fantastic automatic with remote control.  Not cheap but would answer your issues easily.

thanks, did not know there was a remote control vent, will check into that and see how much it cost.

bill & jodi

I have a cover over all my roof vents to keep rain out.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-40431-Roof-Vent-Cover/dp/B000BUQODG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352691654&sr=8-1&keywords=rv+roof+vent+covers

This allows me to keep the vent open 24/7/365. I see no reason to close it. And it is much cheaper than a Fantastic with a remote control.

watched the video and wow, nice ... we liked that and would allow us to keep the vents open.  thanks for the link.

bill & jodi

You didn't mention what brand/model of vent it is and whether manual or powered, but it is usually possible to make a tool to reach the controls. Basically the idea is to take a suitable length of fairly rigid pipe, PVC or metal, and cut a slot across the end that will slip over whatever the control handle looks like. A Pipe tee on the other end makes a handle.  Use the pipe extension to rotate the control know or crank arm.

If a manual crank, there are longer handles available that can add maybe 6" to the crank arm. That's often enough for shorter people to reach. Mobile home supply stores usually have an assortment of them, as do places that deal with awning & jealousy style windows (they use similar cranks).

If you install a Fantastic Vent, the PVC extension handle is fairly easy, since it only has to turn the on/off knob.

donn said:
Could install a fantastic automatic with remote control.  Not cheap but would answer your issues easily.

Or a short step-stool for her... my guess she could use elsewhere too..

George

thank you for all inputs, great idea's, make one of our own or the one at the link.  not handyman here, so looking at getting the one
at the link thanks again. 

we have a keystone sprinter 300 KBS .. bathroom vent just a bit out of reach for her, and the step stool might also come in handy
for her in the kitchen, guess we never thought of what to do when she cannot reach for things in the top shelf.

bill & jodi

We have a plastic folding stool for the short one to use. It doesn't take much more space than a book when folded and seems strong enough for 3X her weigbt....which we shall not discuss (for good reason)  :p

Back
Top Bottom