battery ok all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanglemoose

Ok got new tt. Battery is charged to 13v. No water in it. Can we just leave outside for night.. or should I go put on battery disconnect for the night....

Thanks. Usually we plug in and can't tonight  ohnyea it isb22 degrees

I assume you are not staying in the tt tonight and you have lead acid batteries....

Take the battery or batteries out and bring them inside. Carefully fill the cells with distilled water. Let them sit for 24 hours then try charging them. Use a portable charger and not the tt charger. Use a slow charge rate at first and keep an eye on them.

The sooner you do this the better but if you cannot get to it tonight, disconnect the batteries from any possible load.

The battery will be fine as long as the temperature does not get below about 10F, maybe 5F,  A half charged lead acid battery will not freeze until the temperature drops below about -15F, fully charged is even colder.

Brand new wet golf batteries, 6v, no water in camper. Winterized...went up and did the disconnect on battery. Sounded like the best. Brought closer to home for 2 days then we head south...

My coach has been in temps down to 20 overnight and I never gave any thoughts to the batteries. If charged they are good to minus something or other so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Your gonna appreciate heading south for sure!  How far south?

Thanks for the input... there was ice on our road so we parked TT up in fishing access.. no where to plug in...first stop is outside of Las Vegas, Nevada... then south more to explore AZ.. life crazy right now. Our other TT was already in storage waiting for us to return after holidays. Made the mistake of looking at a new floorplan... yep, bought a new one, put other one on Craigslist and sold it... so have to move all our stuff out. Etc. While we are staying in it... should be fun!!

quote author=Arch Hoagland link=topic=130394.msg1197711#msg1197711 date=1610244620]
My coach has been in temps down to 20 overnight and I never gave any thoughts to the batteries. If charged they are good to minus something or other so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Your gonna appreciate heading south for sure!  How far south?
[/quote]

tanglemoose said:
so have to move all our stuff out. Etc. While we are staying in it... should be fun!!
That can be easier than you think. Position the rv?s side by side so the doors face each other then put 2 or 3 planks across the door openings. As you unload the old put it away right away.

Rene T said:
That can be easier than you think. Position the rv?s side by side so the doors face each other then put 2 or 3 planks across the door openings. As you unload the old put it away right away.

And keep an eye on what your wife transfers!  When I was going through the coach getting ready to donate my wife's shoes and clothing, I could not believe the pile I ended up with when I started cleaning out storage areas I didn't even know were there!  Pretty sure I've got that 500# overweight problem on the rear axle solved now.

Your gonna appreciate heading south for sure! How far south?
South to Arizona, temps much better... batteries good!

And keep an eye on what your wife transfers! When I was going through the coach getting ready to donate my wife's shoes and clothing, I could not believe the pile I ended up with when I started cleaning out storage areas I didn't even know were there! Pretty sure I've got that 500# overweight problem on the rear axle solved now.
I'm sure that is the curse/blessing of having a spouse or partner. I'm sure I'd feel that way if I had to clean out the storage bins that DH has stashed things! I'd be able to bring more things that I needed:)

Back
Top Bottom